Aquatic Koi Two new koi members arrived in our pond


Two new koi members arrived in our pond

Posted: 10 Jun 2022 08:09 AM PDT

Any idea what this milky discolouration is around the mouth and back? He seems completely fine and is eating and swimming normally. Thanks in advance

Posted: 10 Jun 2022 01:19 PM PDT

Question about turtles in small koi pond.

Posted: 10 Jun 2022 02:22 PM PDT

I live in Tennessee. An Eastern box turtle came out of the woods, across my back lawn, and is now in my small koi pond with 1 koi fish. I did some reading online and it leaves me unclear.

First it is illegal in TN to relocate box turtles from their native habitat unless the turtle is in immediate danger (the middle of road) or injured. Secondly I have never seen or known of box turtles where I live. They are rapidly on the decline though still common in the region. This leads me to wonder why this turtle hunted down my little koi pond.

Okay. I don't want to hurt any animal. My thought is to grab the turtle and just toss it back into the woods or wherever it came from. But, because these critters are on the decline and me relocating it would be illegal (though nobody would know) I am thinking it should be okay to leave it alone. It most likely gives 0 f-cks about the koi. I can't contact the wildlife authority until Monday.

Am I safe to just let it be for now? The internet says yes, maybe. I'm looking for personal experiences.

Thank you all for any input.

submitted by /u/PermaBanX1Toss
[link] [comments]

Pvc liner or epdm? 14'x10' pond

Posted: 10 Jun 2022 06:57 PM PDT

My big boys having a meeting

Posted: 09 Jun 2022 03:53 PM PDT

Tips for leaf removal?

Posted: 10 Jun 2022 08:16 AM PDT

I just moved into a house with a koi pond that's about 6' x 10' give or take. The only problem is there's probably like 2 feet deep worth of leaves in the water. Any suggestions on how to get it out? I was just gonna get a decent net and start going to town on them

submitted by /u/sascottie11
[link] [comments]

After 2 years the pond is really bedding in (1800 gallons - wish I’d gone bigger!)

Posted: 08 Jun 2022 11:02 AM PDT

Variety identification etc?

Posted: 08 Jun 2022 11:59 AM PDT

RIP to my Platinum Ogon 28.5” 🪦

Posted: 07 Jun 2022 07:19 PM PDT

Pond help needed

Posted: 08 Jun 2022 02:14 PM PDT

I have had koi for 7 years and I built a new pond as i moved house but i am having problems with my fish and cant seem to understand what's happening it looked very clear with algae as usual then went out and came home and it was very foggy and dirty have done a water change and nothing has changed any help for solving it

submitted by /u/NarrowExamination106
[link] [comments]

Several dead baby koi with green discoloration at bottom

Posted: 07 Jun 2022 09:54 AM PDT

Bought a bunch of 1-2" baby kois who are in my 100G aquarium right now. I'm changing 25% water every alternate day and dosing with prime daily. It's been more than a month. The aquarium was established since long time. I get 1-2 Fish dead every couple days. The thing i noticed is that they have a greenish discoloration on the base. Does anyone know what this signifies?

Pics uploaded here:https://ibb.co/QHgrPH6

https://ibb.co/GCcHBS3

https://ibb.co/gybk2B2

submitted by /u/okthatsverygood
[link] [comments]

Koi alone

Posted: 07 Jun 2022 09:07 PM PDT

Can a koi be the only fish in my tiny pond?

submitted by /u/VITOVENA
[link] [comments]

Family wants to keep 2 koi in a 55g - advice?

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 08:18 PM PDT

Hey all,

I've done surface-level research on koi, and I know that they belong in ponds moreso than tanks. Family member insists that they are fine and our LFS keeps koi in a slightly larger tank. I was thinking of some types of fancy goldfish breeds instead such as ornandas or shubunkins as an alternative, but they are adamant on koi. Filtration is a Fluval 107.

I've seen this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqR81aby8o

but I call crap and see this:

2 koi in a 55 gallon : shittyaquariums

Convincing them is off the table. Should I just go along with it?

submitted by /u/default-r
[link] [comments]

pond rocks

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 05:56 PM PDT

About to build a pond and we have a ton of large rocks, some are rough and jagged. Will this hurt koi?

submitted by /u/dad_boner13
[link] [comments]

Releasing the newest pond addition

Posted: 05 Jun 2022 11:17 PM PDT

does anyone know what these red specks on my koi might be? details in comments

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 05:58 AM PDT

Please help

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 09:25 AM PDT

Just about a week ago, my dad and I increased our outdoor koi pond. It's been a few days since completion and the fish seem to be getting lethargic and I'm worried they won't make it. We have had very high temperatures lately and i'm not sure if it's maybe a lack of oxygen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/brendxn8
[link] [comments]

I bought a baby koi from the pet store and put him/her in my freshwater tank have a lot of questions

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 12:46 PM PDT

It has a lot of fin rot the color is not the same should I put it outside in a pond or will it be fine over time in the tank it's a 55 gallon tank with cichlids gourami and 2 pleco

submitted by /u/False_Zookeepergame8
[link] [comments]

baby?

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 11:37 AM PDT

Found a baby koi cleaning my pond, didnt know i had him. He's about 8-10cm big but hides really good.

Will he survive, there are 7 bigger kois around

submitted by /u/Horrage
[link] [comments]

Introducing newest koi

Posted: 05 Jun 2022 01:45 PM PDT

Koi food?

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 05:03 AM PDT

Hi everyone, I have a few koi and goldfish in a large water trough garden what food do you guys recommend?

submitted by /u/Ok_Marionberry_8229
[link] [comments]

Koi Fish Gold Fish Water Pond - Colorful Fish

Posted: 06 Jun 2022 02:21 AM PDT

Help - Large ‘lump’ on tail fin

Posted: 05 Jun 2022 04:35 PM PDT

I lost two koi this week, any idea what they died from?

Posted: 05 Jun 2022 04:49 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.