Shrimp Tank - Aquariums - A year of never culling has paid off—my newest wild type, breeding soon.


A year of never culling has paid off—my newest wild type, breeding soon.

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:34 PM PDT

fresh shrömp tattoo, still red & angy!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:21 PM PDT

I mean... how else do they get their colours?!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 03:32 PM PDT

Got my first shrimp today! His name is Clyde (:

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:16 PM PDT

Just some fan boi’s fanning

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 09:17 AM PDT

Have you ever wanted to watch a whisker shrimp eat a pellet in extremely close detail?

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 01:42 PM PDT

Shrimp vs Grape!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 09:37 AM PDT

ERRRRR MERRRRR GERRRRRRD YOU GUYS!!! My first babies!!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 10:17 PM PDT

What's darker than Wine Red?

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:36 PM PDT

2.5 year neo colony lost in appartment fire. Looking for restock opinions.

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 11:50 PM PDT

My unit did not catch fire but the power has been off in the building for 3 weeks. I cant get in for another 4 and wont be living there for 6-18 months.

I had a shrimp tank thats been healty for 2.5 years without needing to add new shrimp and such. (Though i added some pumpkin orange neos with my reds for some pizzazz)

Im not here to ask for sympathy. Ive already accepted and mourned. But rather once i move and recycle my tank. What i should stock it with.

Im looking at bamboo shrimp or a cardina colony. (Likely taibees)

But the two im super interested in are blue vampire shrimo and pinnocio shirmp (Links at bottom)

Hoping a few people here have experience eith these shrimp and could give pointers/oppinions.

Thanks in advance

https://shrimpfever.com/product/vampire-fan-shrimp/

https://shrimpfever.com/product/pinocchio-shrimp/

submitted by /u/Jeremy16717
[link] [comments]

Busy blue mama

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:39 AM PDT

After a year of being part of this sub, I finally got my own shrimptank!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:17 AM PDT

My 10g rimless crystal red tank

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

Blueberries!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:56 AM PDT

Please enjoy this video of Mama Shrimp tending to her eggs!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:10 PM PDT

My Zen Water Garden. I bought a pond liner at Lowe’s and used a brick adhesive to glue rocks to the top of it and stacked rocks around it. I have 6 cherry shrimp in there. Big Red, Gumbo, Scampi, Cocktail, Bubba Gump, and Ashley Shrimpson.

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 02:49 AM PDT

Light blue shrimp I found in my tank

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 12:18 PM PDT

Schramps!!! Colony says: Here we grow again!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:07 PM PDT

Is this color what people are talking about when they say red onyx?

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 02:24 PM PDT

Shrimps coming out of water? My water parameters are all in check, are they just playing around since I just did maintenance? They also tried to swim inside the out take (they don’t make it and fly out of course lol)

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 10:10 AM PDT

Is this girl getting ready to molt or is she dying?? she started turning opaque after she gave birth

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 04:51 PM PDT

Trying to ID these wild shrimp encountered in a jungle river (Peninsular Malaysia). Possibly Macrobrachium sundacium or M. malayanum?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:41 AM PDT

Help/Advice Needed: Question about disinfecting questionable java moss

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:38 PM PDT

I just purchased some java moss from a person in a local trade group. It is a clump quite a bit larger than a softball. I got it out into a container to start cleaning it and of course bladder snails and 100 egg sacs, but I somewhat expected snails and that's not my main concern.

After draining the batch of water from the first small bit I was cleaning/inspecting I noticed something stuck to the bottom of the container. It was a flat worm about 3/8 of an inch long. It was scooting around in a circle. My husband and I tried to distinguish if it had a triangle shaped head, but we just couldn't tell. You could definitely see the organ sac in the center of the worm. My husband wanted to immediately throw it out. We paid $10 for the moss.

This moss was going to go in a crystal red shrimp tank. They will be arriving Friday. Is there a way to heavily sterilize java moss that will kill anything in it without killing the moss or upsetting the water parameters if it can be used after sterilization? This is my first time with java moss and I don't know if it will survive boiling or bleaching and I also don't know what planaria (if that's what it is) can survive boiling/bleaching... some parasites can live through a lot and I don't know much about planaria except it's deadly to our shrimp friends.

So, should I try to nuke this moss clean or should I just call it a loss and look for more elsewhere?

This is also our first shrimp tank so we are trying our hardest to do everything right so the shrimp will thrive.

submitted by /u/SecondHandWig
[link] [comments]

Is it normal for shrimp to be this smudge or is there something wrong?

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:45 PM PDT

Has anyone ever had a shrimp jump out to its death before???

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.