Reef Tank - Aquariums - New Acantho we got is absolutely mind blowing


New Acantho we got is absolutely mind blowing

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:45 PM PDT

Got my dad his first reef tank for his birthday, gave him part of my hammer coral colony and some of my live rock and dragons breath. Yesterday he made his first coral (can anyone ID this mushroom?). It has meant the world to me to see him fall in love with a hobby he got me into as a kid.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:05 PM PDT

One of my favorite corals

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:04 PM PDT

Cleared out most of my "invasive" corals on Saturday. Decided it was time for a FTS. Pic taken 30 minutes before lights out with "Night Sight" filter.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:34 PM PDT

My Duncan is real puffy. Does that mean it's happy?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:56 AM PDT

Who knew piling rocks could be so fun! (First tank all set up)

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:40 PM PDT

New blasto!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:02 PM PDT

My Elegance, still my favourite coral even though it stings like hell. (No orange filter)

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:07 PM PDT

Think he's holding eggs? Large jaw, and stopped eating.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:18 PM PDT

Trying birds nest as my first sps. Pretty nervous. Anything I should know?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:31 PM PDT

trachyphyllia eating. Love this one!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:57 AM PDT

Coral id?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:02 PM PDT

Genuine question but why are sumps better than canister or hang on back filters?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:31 PM PDT

So I want to set up a saltwater tank and I keep seeing on videos and guides saying to get a sump instead of other filter methods but they never go into why and I'm just curious why it's Better.

submitted by /u/Riptide047
[link] [comments]

I NEED HELP WITH NEW DWARF LION FISH

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:03 PM PDT

I just bought a fuzzy dwarf lion fish and put him in my 30g. He is in there with a valentini puffer and a clownfish. He was doing good all day until night time. He is now just breathing heavy and looks lifeless as the flow pushes him around. When I turned off the flow he swam right down to the rocks and then just floated next to them, he soon floated all the way back up to the top and is now being pushed around in circled by the flow. He is still breathing but has no control over his body. PLEASE HELP ME

submitted by /u/IhateMycharger
[link] [comments]

New 3 gallon pico is starting to take life. This weekend will bring live rock and the beginning of the cycle.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:01 PM PDT

Algae identification?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:02 PM PDT

This guy likes blastos more than I do

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:55 PM PDT

Pest ID pt. 2

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:17 PM PDT

Hey can anyone ID this? Assuming just algae, maybe it’s time I bought a sand sifting snail?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

Flame Hawk Harem? Doable in captivity?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:56 AM PDT

This is only in the planning stages. I work at a shop that sets up and maintains tanks, and we are planning out a new one. Flame hawks are our best behaved species and I've read about harems in the wild, but I don't want to risk something like that without talking to someone who's tried it.

We have a 200 gallon, 6 or 7 feet long, 4 or 5 feet tall, 1.5 feet deep with rockwork to the top on the left, to midheight on the right, and a massive Kenya tree sp. (3 feet across, 2 feet tall) on a pile in the middle. Other tank mates would not be a concern (a few tangs and angels, a pair of mandarins).

It has the size to house different species of hawk, but I figured I could look into this. Flames tend to be the least aggressive and personable ime, and I would like to try keeping multiple if it has a large enough chance to work.

If it doesn't work, we have many other tanks they could go to, once removed from the large tank.

submitted by /u/taimfe
[link] [comments]

Best glass cleaning fish?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 03:52 PM PDT

Before the Hawaii import ban, one of the best algae control combos, in a big enough tank, was a Foxface & Kole tang. Now that Kole's are prohibitively expensive, what's the best alternative for a glass cleaning/film algae eating fish? I like to feed heavy and I have to scrape my glass every couple of days

submitted by /u/Pixelhustler23
[link] [comments]

[ID] I assume a sponge of some sort?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:14 PM PDT

Newly added hammer coral has some polyps that are deflating on me. Is this normal for a hammer coral that’s only been in the tank for a couple hours? It looked much healthier at the lfs

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:29 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.