Goldfish - Aquariums - 30 gallon tank in the works


30 gallon tank in the works

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 03:23 PM PDT

I asked my grandad to let me help him change the water for the fish because its too heavy for him but he’s convinced this is how the fish likes it, wish me luck ya’ll

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

Cotton Wool is bacterial, not goddamn fungal!

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 04:27 PM PDT

I am so sick of the misinformation that I have been forced to sift through in order to find a solution for my poor fishie.

Cotton Wool is BACTERIAL.

I know this now, despite 75% of what I've read saying that it's fungal. Worst of all, most of the articles I read will interchange fungal and bacterial, as well as their treatments, all within the same article.

It's simply incredibly irritating to see such a blatant lack of understanding under the guise of a "helpful article"

Sorry about the rant, I just figured that this lil detail may help benefit a fellow fish owner if they ever come across the same labyrinth of bullshit that I just went through.

submitted by /u/HulaFeedbackLoop
[link] [comments]

My new friends! Love this pearlscale

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 01:24 PM PDT

mixing a comet with 2 fancy goldfish

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:38 PM PDT

I added 1 comet goldfish (an inch long) to our 60 gallon tank with 2 (3 inch) common fancy goldfish about a month ago! The fish are all getting along together and we've had no problems! I've been reading more on the mix of fish together and was wondering if I should be worried about it? or i'm just overthinking?

submitted by /u/yellowcowzzz
[link] [comments]

2nd Month update: oranda growout entry Philippines

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 12:08 AM PDT

2nd month update on the GO entry [Philippines]

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 11:58 PM PDT

Watching and reacting to the tv °0°

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:11 AM PDT

Please please help

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 05:47 PM PDT

Maracyn treatment killed my fish

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 11:31 AM PDT

I had been treating my fish for fin rot with fritz maracyn, and on day five of the treatment she died. What did I do wrong?

submitted by /u/asilly_goose
[link] [comments]

Help! Goldfish nose red with white discharge (detail in comments)

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

anyone know what this is?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 02:12 PM PDT

hello everyone this is my goldfish dito he lives in a 20 gallon tank and i do water changes and he has a filter but that little bump appeared a couple of weeks ago and i think it got bigger and i was wondering if anyone knew what it could be and if it’s bad?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 05:31 PM PDT

Is this a fungal infection ?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

Diy internal claypot filter

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 10:20 PM PDT

Goldfish in a pond

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

Are smaller goldfish from pet shops safe to go in a pond or are they specifically for tanks? And how much do they need feeding? There's been one in our pond for over a year and it hasn't been fed but is still alive and swimming around

submitted by /u/random210292
[link] [comments]

My fish spends a lot of time eating/gulping at the surface, but I can't find any of the usual issues that might cause this. Am I missing something?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:47 AM PDT

I have one comet goldfish who lives by himself in a 40gal tank - His tank is in my office so I spend a large part of my day watching him. He will sometimes (today for instance!!!) spend a lot of his day doing what looks like gulping or eating at the surface of his tank, even when there's no food for him there. He always goes to the same area of the tank's surface when he does this.

I feed him small amounts of sinking pellets three times a day.

His water temp is 75 degrees

I check his ammonia and nitrite levels every day or two, and they're always at zero. His pH is 7.

He gets a partial water change at least once a week, sometimes twice. I use quickstart, stress coat, (and sometimes a cleaning bacteria from Tetra) when I change his water.

He's got two filters one large and one smaller and two air stones, one large and one smaller. He also has a few live plants.

I get so unbelievably stressed out when I see him spending a ton of time at the surface because I know this is often a sign of distress in fish - either ammonia poisoning or lack of oxygen. I don't think either of those things are going on here - am I missing something? I worry he's going to give himself swim bladder by gulping air up there! Is there anything I'm missing here?

I'd really appreciate any insight. I love my fish and want to make sure he's okay!

submitted by /u/PM_Me_Thine_Genital
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.