Axolotl - Aquariums - Im not too sure what this little guys morph is, he keeps surprising me. He looks more dark in this but he is very purple. Anyone have any ideas? His parents were a blue gill speckled lucy and a melanoid


Im not too sure what this little guys morph is, he keeps surprising me. He looks more dark in this but he is very purple. Anyone have any ideas? His parents were a blue gill speckled lucy and a melanoid

Posted:

When Speckles sees me.

Posted:

Fun fact: axolotls are extreme farters

Posted:

is the tip of this gill developing fungus? should i start salt baths? just did a water change last night and spotted it this morning. any advice would be appreciated!

Posted:

How can I make sure my girl is well taken care of if I will be away for a week?

Posted:

This summer I will be away with my whole family. I don't really want to bring my girl with me of course because it would be a very stressful situation. I know there's auto fish feeders, but my lotl like to eat directly from my hands. Does anyone have experience with timer feeders like that? Otherwise I have a family friend who could most likely come to feed her but I am a little concerned because they have no experience with axolotls.

submitted by /u/Basilstorm
[link] [comments]

First day on land!!

Posted:

Axolotl Rescue

Posted:

Hi r/axolotls!

I want to start an axolotl rescue for my state, three years ago my mother and I were given four axolotls from a university research lab after their lab closed down. The lab was going to just euthanize these little guys. We managed to raise three of them to adulthood - one died younger due to gastrointestinal blockage. She is really into raising them, including raising her own earthworms to feed them live food. I've started to notice now that there are a lot of backyard breeders in my state that are causing an axolotl boom - leaving a lot of these sweet creatures at risk for being euthanized or released into the wild. We even recently rescued 16 juveniles from a hobbyist who didn't realize how easy it was for pairs to breed. Does anyone have any helpful tips for starting a rescue? If you have a rescue, how did you get started? IF you ran an axolotl rescue, would you rehome for free or with a fee?

Edit:

What I'm looking for is if anyone has experience with fostering axolotls to rescuing axolotls from careless people/people who didn't know what they were getting into.

submitted by /u/Unique-Replacement44
[link] [comments]

shrimp murderer��

Posted:

Is this a good aquarium, or do I need something more?

Posted:

Weird head bump

Posted:

Jasper is looking much better!

Posted:

What decor do you have in your tank? I need ideas!

Posted:

Hi all! I'm finally to the point of cycling my tank and I want to put some decor in to build up that good bacteria.

I'm having trouble finding hides that look natural. I've seen done pieces of sanded down wood that look nice. Is slate too rough for an axie? I was thinking of doing a slate flooring. And what kind of fake plants do you have? I was going to use live plants I already have in a separate tank but I'm still considering using plastic. Can fake plants poke the axolotl? That's what I've been worried about 🥺

submitted by /u/somesunnyafternoon
[link] [comments]

I'd say that Mudkip approves of his new plant

Posted:

Weird spots on my golden axolotl? Eats regularly and mood seems okay. Is he okay?

Posted:

Best/Safest sand substrate (UK)

Posted:

Hey all, I'm looking to get black sand for my axies new set up, but thus far found mixed reviews on different products. Anyone have any recommendations from ones they own? TIA!

submitted by /u/Axiepad
[link] [comments]

Does anyone know what this could be on my axie?

Posted:

Filter above water

Posted:

I've heard that they don't like running water and my filter is a little above so the filtered water falls down into the tank, should I move it down so it's just going into the tank or is it fine as is?

submitted by /u/kobyblocko
[link] [comments]

My new Axie!

Posted:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.