Aquariums - So I woke up yesterday morning to lots of Cory eggs!!


So I woke up yesterday morning to lots of Cory eggs!!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:33 AM PDT

I got them, I finally got them...Betta Macrostoma.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:27 PM PDT

Eye see you!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:05 AM PDT

Came home to a empty tank and dead shrimp everywhere.

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:39 AM PDT

Just became a discus owner :)

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:02 PM PDT

My new dumbo betta showing off his 'ears'.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:44 PM PDT

Love or hate me I don’t care. At least I carry gold speckles on my head.Never put gravel with me,I will swallow them. Sand is OK.And I hate lighttttttttttt. Huh.. can’t stand that.. I am not for show???BTW you reckon I look cool?

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:56 AM PDT

Thank you for all the love for Oswald! He's my special little guy and Im glad he brings you as much joy as he brings me!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:25 PM PDT

Left my parents in charge for a week - everything went wrong.

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:17 AM PDT

I lost my friend, and now I don’t know what to do with his planted quarantine tank

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:33 AM PDT

This morning my male Apistogramma Cacatuoides, Apollo, passed away after a long battle with a fungal infection. I really just need to tell someone about it.

He was sick since I brought him into my home at the end of 2019 from an online breeder. He had gotten cold during shipping, and I think it weakened his immune system and he caught something nasty in transit. For the entire time I had him, I was constantly trying to treat a combination bacterial and fungal infection. I tried every medication I could get my hands on to help him (used separately or in safe combinations of course): Aquarium salt, Ich-X, Maracyn Oxy, Kanamycin, Fungus Cure, Furan-2, and Erythromycin, probably some others that I've forgotten. For what feels like the entire time I had him he had something or other in his water to fight back the fungus.

He didn't really respond to any medication. Sometimes it would stall it's progression, and he would maintain the same level fungus for a while but he would still be eating and semi-active, but ultimately it kept getting worse and worse even with continued treatment of what stalled the infection. Almost the entire time he was still personable, active, and eating like a champ. A few weeks before he died it spread into his gills. By the end, It looked like he had a lion's mane. Then yesterday, he stopped eating for the first time. I should've put him to sleep with clove oil the moment the fungus starting eating at his gills, but instead I was selfish and still foolishly hopeful I could save him.

I know he's "just a fish" to a lot of people, but Apollo was as personable as a puppy. He would eat out of my hands, splash and throw rocks at the glass to wake me up in the morning so I would feed him, really watched me from across room anytime he could see me. I buried my friend in his favorite cave so he can finally rest.

Now his tank is just sitting there. I can't even bear to look at it- I've covered the glass with a blanket. What do I do now? Apollo's roommates, a handful of ramshorn snails, are all thats in there besides the plants (After it was clear it was going to be a long battle with his illness, I moved him from a quarantine tub to his own tank which I fully planted to hopefully make him more comfortable.). I kind of need to downsize, as I have three fully planted aquariums and will have to move them all in about a year when I move. It feels wrong to both take the tank down and to just let it sit there. How long does it need to sit filled and running, but without any fish, until it's safe for fish or to move the driftwood and plants out of? The sealant is stained blue from all the medication, so I doubt anyone would want to take it off my hands.

TL;DR A fish I loved passed away after his fungal infection remained unresponsive to treatment with commonly available fish medications for a little over 12 months. What do I do with his planted tank? How long does it need to run filled but without fish until it's safe to either put other fish in or take the driftwood and live plants out for other tanks?

submitted by /u/wingless__
[link] [comments]

Good morning handsome

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:30 AM PDT

The sound of her teeth each time she takes a bite, I love this yoyo loach man! Such a fun and active animal

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:25 AM PDT

Added my first fish to the 18 days old vase aquarium (2 tiny otto's) :D Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:29 AM PDT

They weren't cheap, but worth every cent.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:08 PM PDT

Nom Nom

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:56 PM PDT

My little Paradies

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:23 AM PDT

Gerald my man!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:54 PM PDT

“Do you have any other place to play Miss Yellow?”... “No!”...

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:16 AM PDT

My eartheater cichlid after one year of a happy and prosperous life. True to the common name, eartheater keeps swallowing substrate and spit it out almost non stop. His lips are tough and meant for that sort of activity. Very soft and peaceful fish, excellent community member.

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:41 AM PDT

hows my first aquascape looking?

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:01 AM PDT

Ghost Pepper really thinks she’s all that and a bag of algae wafers

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:55 AM PDT

Group Hug! NSFW

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:17 AM PDT

Re-scaping My 120G

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:16 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.