Goldfish - Aquariums - Clean tank ~vibes~ My little stunted babies have been in their big tank for 5 months and they’ve grown to be 5 inches!


Clean tank ~vibes~ My little stunted babies have been in their big tank for 5 months and they’ve grown to be 5 inches!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:24 PM PDT

HELP! My mother impulsively bought 10 goldfish. Before I put them in the tank pictured, she had all ten in a 10 gallon tub. I want to make them happy and healthy. More info in the comments

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:24 AM PDT

Please complete this survey!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:40 PM PDT

Dear Fish lovers,

Hi,

Currently, my colleagues and I at the Iranian National Institute of Oceanography and Atmospheric Sciences, Iran are performing research on how people take care of their fish and invertebrates during COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions.

As a part of this study, a survey is created and with this survey, our aim is to understand if staying at home results in better maintenance of home aquariums. We are inviting you to complete this online survey.

We value your opinion. This survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. Thank you for taking the time.

The survey Link: https://forms.gle/8Zho7D1BfJ2y79vX9

Should you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us at [aquariumcovid19survey@gmail.com](mailto:aquariumcovid19survey@gmail.com)

Best Regards,

Amir Ghazilou

submitted by /u/Fragrant_Ad2860
[link] [comments]

My comet has been losing scales (3) in the past 2 weeks. Today he developed a red blister or sore where on of the scales should be. Should I be worried????

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:33 PM PDT

Loud noises from the tank, was I sleepy or was something wrong?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:36 PM PDT

Hi all, you may have seen my previous post about a loud glub-glubbing noise coming from my tank -- still not entirely sure what's up with that. Basically a couple nights back I heard six distinct glub-glubs, three pairs of glubs between about 0530 and 0715. I checked the tank over for cracks, leaked water, etc. and found nothing, goldfish appeared to be sleeping each time, so I assumed it was the filter. I heard another, singular glub last night, even though that filter wasn't on. It was quiet enough it could've been my goldfish though. She's a very active, growing fish, and she knows when I'm in my room and how to get my attention. So anyways, I'm running that filter in an old 10g and it seems to be in peak condition. So now I'm very unsure about where those loud noises were coming from. The other thing is, I've (a) got OCD with most of my obsessive thoughts being about every weird way in which my goldfish could die, (b) tend to be very sensitive to noise around that time of day, and (c) have imagined/unconsciously exaggerated noise before due to anxiety. So I could chalk up the noises to that, but the fact that they sounded paired before makes me hesitate to do that. So in short, I've no idea what's going on and I'm not sure how worried I should be. Any pointers/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Draphiaro
[link] [comments]

My little lionhead goldfish is missing an eye and I think my common goldfish ate it

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:06 PM PDT

To make a long story short, I had three goldfish in an 10 gallon tank that I transferred to a medicated 3 gallon quarantine tank on suspicion of a fungus/dropsy outbreak.

One of them died shortly afterwards, leaving only my common goldfish and my lionhead goldfish.

Said 3 gallon tank has a filter on, and I made sure the water level doesn't drop too much.

I will admit that the sequence of events in my life that followed has caused me to leave them in the quarantine tank far too longer than what is necessary, which DID not help, so that's my number one suspect. However, as there was an filter, I'm not sure if it was the water quality.

I googled it and illness aside, there's a possibility that common goldfish could eat the eyes of their fancier counterparts.

While it doesn't seem believable, my common goldfish seems to bump into my Lionhead often and is extremely gluttonous.

I just..... I am aware of my own faults, but is my common goldfish a danger to fancies and should live by itself? I'm trying to avoid overfeeding but will I be endangering any new goldfish I bring in if I do this?

submitted by /u/Frothing_Coffee
[link] [comments]

Checking me for food post water change XD

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:54 PM PDT

Light recommendations for a 75 gallon?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:23 PM PDT

I'm planning on not having too many plants maybe just java fern and anubias with a lot of rocks. Oh and it's the regular 21" deep.

submitted by /u/LifeIsAwesom
[link] [comments]

Need make pond “goldfish safe”

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:08 PM PDT

I have a pond in my backyard that is cycling for goldfish. It's about 150 gallons, will have 1 or 2 goldfish in it. At the base of the centerpiece, there's a huge gap in it for wires to go in and create the sputtering fountain effect. Of course, I'm worried a goldfish might get stuck in there and die. What would be the best way to block it off? Like mesh fabric? Wire? Something??

submitted by /u/antimeridian314
[link] [comments]

This is my gold fish tank it is a 30 gallon tall with 4 guppy’s 2 scarlet endlers and 1 red capped gold fish named guy fieri

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:52 AM PDT

My 3yo comet recently lost 3 scales & today developed what appears to be small red blister at location of lost scale. H2O conditions very good (nitrate slightly elevated, did 40% change & reducing food). Should I be worried?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:36 AM PDT

Suspicious white film on my fish in my 35 gal patio pond. Any help with identification is heavily appreciated!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:23 AM PDT

Someone please help. Her side is just getting bigger and now she's starting to swim weirdly. More in comments.

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:07 PM PDT

Sold to me as Black Moor is he?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:52 PM PDT

What is this weird black bump on the side of my fish?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:09 PM PDT

Mom’s goldfish

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:51 PM PDT

So idk much about fish, I also don't have much of an interest in them. However I started keeping reptiles, and I've gotten a bit concerned regarding my mom's Goldfish. I'll ofc read the wiki but I wanted to see if you guys had any quick fixes for what to do in regards to the goldfish my mom bought from a pet store that were selling as feeder fish.

40(?) gallon top fin tank

Filter

Food/Fish flakes

Water Conditioners

My main concerns are about the lack of space given how big goldfish get, and their diet (flakes and pellets rarely are nutritious iirc). We have 13 goldfish (one ~5 years older than the others I think) so again please Lmk how I'll be able to improve their life and what I can do. I also am pretty new and pretty clueless to fish when it comes to keeping track of pH, temps, or whatever else you guys keep track of. Thank you.

Edit: are there any reptile or amphibian owners who know if I can treat my reptiles' water with the fish water conditioners? Lol

submitted by /u/NewerPlayer
[link] [comments]

Moving to a bigger tank

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:13 PM PDT

I currently am in the initial stages of cycling my 38 gallon tank (0ammonia, 0 nitrites, 2 nitrate) with one oranda in it. I recently got a 60 gallon tank so that I can eventually get more than just one goldfish. Will I need to wait until the 38 gallon tank is fully cycled (0ammonia, 0 nitrites, 20 nitrates) before I can switch him into the 60 gallon with all the same filter media and substrate? Will moving him into a bigger tank with more surface area cause the cycle to crash or set it back at all? Thanks for the input!

submitted by /u/Admirable_Garage_927
[link] [comments]

Details in comments. Goldfish fight?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:11 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.