Crayfish My blue crayfish molted yesterday, He just came out since then and he's turning red. Is this normal?


My blue crayfish molted yesterday, He just came out since then and he's turning red. Is this normal?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:47 PM PDT

Someone wants to escape.

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:09 AM PDT

I've been bamboozled by a cray who wants to eat the new air stone, I think Stabitha is a boy? Third time I've been confused by their swimmerets, any ideas? Got them to stand up for an algae pellet I'm holding at the water surface

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:01 PM PDT

Not sure how well he is doing but he sure looks cool

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:08 AM PDT

Fate put an adult crayfish into my care, need some help making sure its comfortable

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:04 PM PDT

The crayfish in question is an adult procambarus clarkii.

Anyways, current setup is a wonky 5 gallon plastic aquarium with like 4-5 inches of gravel (will be removing half during the next water change), and is currently a shallow setup that way my new little buddy can climb atop his rock to breathe if the water becomes deoxygenated. Currently there is no filtration nor oxygenation system in place.

I am currently trying to figure out what I should do for filtration. I am currently considering a submersible pump and just adding a hose to the output to lead to the other end of the tank, and above the surface of the water so there is some agitation and aeration. I would just use a hang on back for simplicity, but with how the lid attaches that won't be possible without chopping parts of the lid off.

Does anyone here run shallow setups and, if so, do y'all have any advice? What submersible filters do y'all have experience with? Also, I know crayfish and other crustaceans need lots of iodine and calcium for successful molts, but what's the best way to provide these? Could I offer, say, shrimp shells as a calcium and iodine source?

submitted by /u/shit_poster9000
[link] [comments]

Picked up a little CPO. He's claimed this little "cave" as his own.

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:41 AM PDT

How to get crayfish to come out more?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:18 AM PDT

My crayfish likes to hide in log all the time.

submitted by /u/storyteller216
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.