Crayfish Finally got to catch my blue boy in the act


Finally got to catch my blue boy in the act

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 03:25 PM PDT

Someone told me if this is going to be a temporary tank until her 10 gallon comes in, I need better filtration! I applied a 22 gallon filter with some cycled biomedia from her other filter, now she has both filters running at once, her colors dramatically improved! I'm impressed! She's likes it

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 04:40 PM PDT

Caught 11 Rusty Crayfish in 30 minutes with a 5” aquarium net and a pair of garbage pickers! The two smallest were actually mating when I scooped them.

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 03:56 PM PDT

Odd behaviour from my Clarkii. Is he about to molt? He’s upside down.

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 03:24 PM PDT

My "Mexican dwarf" is looking more like a p. Clarkii? Upgrading tanks this week, three molts and I don't think she's (?) Done yet! This is Stabitha, can anyone confirm the species? Will further upgrades be needed in the future if she's going into a 10gallon by herself with a 40 gallon filter?

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 02:10 PM PDT

Please can someone tell me how to do a salt bath to a crayfish? I can not find it anywhere...

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 06:15 AM PDT

Odd behavoir from freshwater Crayfish.

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:41 PM PDT

Mine has somehow removed my nano filter from its suction cups on the tank multiple times and when I place it back on the tank glass it likes to cling or climb around the filter vents. The crayfish is 5 inches long so it has no risk of injuring itself as this filter isnt strong enough to damage it not to mention its a sponge filter.

But its an odd behavoir Ive noticed for a few weeks, he is well fed and just randomly does it even when there is food in his tank. I dont really understand it.

submitted by /u/artographic
[link] [comments]

Help adjusting water parameters for my pet crawfish (new owner)

Posted: 22 Mar 2021 01:37 PM PDT

Hi everyone, it has been about a week since the last water change and today I measured the tank parameters: pH ~ 7.6, GH and KH ~ 90, and ammonia is so low my test strip did not give a reading. I am a new crawfish owner and the parameters that I've seen online indicate that the tank should be operating at a slightly lower pH and a higher GH and KH for crawfish. Is this okay, or should I look into solutions to lower the pH and raise the hardness?

submitted by /u/Sam61400
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.