Axolotl - Aquariums - arm day


arm day

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:11 AM PDT

Floofy gills ��

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:16 PM PDT

I made some deep art in my weird art style I hope u all like them if u want u can comment and I’ll do custom ones (free btw my art is not that good)

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:41 AM PDT

Some of my babies

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:06 PM PDT

Tank set up, let the Cycling begin!

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:58 AM PDT

Gumbo's mushroom throne!

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:18 AM PDT

Axolotl genetics and morphs

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:35 AM PDT

Hello guys.

I'm here because a friend of mine asked me if i knew anything about axolotl genetics, I told him i don't but i would look into it. I looked a bit on google but I always prefer to talk to someone about it to make sure its correct and recent information im getting and I stmbled across this sub and thought some of you might have knowledge of the morphs that exist. Thanks so much in advance!

submitted by /u/peafowlking
[link] [comments]

I drew pixel art of both my boys! :)

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:25 AM PDT

“I wanna be.. where the people are.. ��”

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:31 PM PDT

Brand new baby axolotl, i just got him today. I acclimated him for about an hour and a half, put him into the tank and he’s barely moved. is he okay?

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:14 AM PDT

My new baby ������

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:56 PM PDT

Playing in the tree ��

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:20 PM PDT

They blink!

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:20 PM PDT

New Axolotl owner here, I was watching my quarantined axolotl, Mango, eat, and it blinked! I didn't think they could do that!! (No mean comments please, I am still learning alot.)

submitted by /u/StarDust0887
[link] [comments]

Finally got my very own axolotl! I am a new owner and would love some tips and advice you guys wish you knew when you started!! !

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:56 PM PDT

You can't see me, mum.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:55 PM PDT

Possible constipation, blockage. Advice appreciated! Additional info in comments

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:23 PM PDT

This is my dogger, respect her wish

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:57 PM PDT

Cleaning a tank of fungus/parasites

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:51 PM PDT

So I've got two axolotls living in one tank, which has been fine for about a year now. We didn't cycle the water of the tank initially, but I'm assuming a year without any issues indicates we don't have any major issues there (but I'll be measuring and confirming that soon).

We noticed that the tank seems to have floating cotton like stuff, and what I now know are tiny hydras sticking to the side of the tank, which seem to indicate the presence of too much organic matter in the tank. As soon as we figure that out, we fridged both axies and we currently have a UV light in their tank in the hopes of killing the stuff in their tank.

We recently had the exact same issue in a fish tank, and we resolved that with a cleaner containing malachite green (which I know is very toxic for axies). That said, both axies are in the fridge, and I'm planning on cleaning the tank before putting them back.

Question 1) Would using some of the malachite green cleaner to kill the fungus and parasites, followed by several water changes before plopping the axies back in be safe enough for them?

Question 2) Or are there any axie friendly anti-fungal/anti-parasite/anti-bacterial chemicals I can try?

If not, since I'm considering their tank "tainted", I'm wondering what the best steps are to clean it, ideally without disrupting the filter flora that have (probably) developed to process the ammonia in the tank. A UV light is probably an okay start, and removing any and all organic matter left in their tank is a must.

Question 3) Do you all think I need to rinse out the filter too and totally start over with cycling the tank?

submitted by /u/Jurby
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.