Jarrariums - 5 Month Update On The Mini Pond


5 Month Update On The Mini Pond

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:11 PM PDT

An abundance of swimmy things.

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:24 AM PDT

Does anyone know what this is hanging from the wood?

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 11:05 AM PDT

Direct sunlight and water replenishment?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:46 PM PDT

Hi all,

I collected water/sediment from a beaver pond last Thursday and made two jars, a large mouthed jar with an optional lid and a taller, thinner vase. Everything seems to have survived the first few days, with the possible exception of a small diving beetle that has mysteriously disappeared--the lid was off, so I suppose it could have flown away?--and the debris is chockablock full of little worms. My question is, should I put this jar in direct sunlight? I have a Northeast facing window and it could be getting ~6 hours of sun a day. Additionally, should I replenish water that evaporates? The tall thin jar lost about a half inch to evaporation, so I added in some creekwater from a creek nearby to bring its water level back up.

submitted by /u/animalcule
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.