Aquatic Snails Resin cube with clay snail


Resin cube with clay snail

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:22 AM PDT

Alfonso just discovered snails

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 08:28 PM PDT

My favorite ram

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:41 PM PDT

Bones (beef not cuttle)

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:26 AM PDT

I have an aquarium that housed a clawed frog who unfortunately escaped never to be found, so the only current residents are a colony of pest snails. When cleaning up after dinner one night on a whim I tossed a bone from a chuck steak with all the meat cleaned off it into the tank to see if the snails would like it. Figured it might be a nice calcium rich treat for them and like I said, nothing but pest snails in there and they tend to be pretty tough so even if it fouled the water I was pretty confident I could get it out and keep the snails alive. I want them to do well because I want a good infestation going for when I get some puffers at some point. The water stayed clear and the snails flocked to it like it was the greatest thing they'd ever tasted for like a week. Seems like they liked it and it did no harm.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with doing this, or knows of any reason it is a bad idea. Or if maybe there were no ill effects because there were only snails in there and it might've killed all my fish if there were any in there.

Any searches I try about snails and bones only gives results about cuttlebone.

submitted by /u/Lysander_Night
[link] [comments]

I know most people hate them, but bladder snails are so dang cute (ft. Sam the detritus worm)

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:06 PM PDT

Assassin hanging out on the water surface

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:46 PM PDT

Hole in bottom part of snail shell

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:48 PM PDT

There's a hole in the bottom part of one of my mystery snail's shell that covers the snail when they are inside their shell. Really unsure of why this is the case, because I've kept a close eye on pH levels as well as supplementing lots of calcium in the form of blanched kale and calcium that dissolves into the water.

I'm afraid it might be dying because it's been floating around for a lot of the day now :(

submitted by /u/yozasupg
[link] [comments]

Your snail ever try to preach to the masses? Just to get steamrolled?..

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 06:40 PM PDT

Apple snails dining on ramshorn snails?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 01:10 PM PDT

Checked on my tank this morning. It looked like something was sticking out of my apple snail. What I saw horrified me for a moment. I thought his guts were coming out. But, then, I realized his foot was completely enveloping my big mama/daddy ramshorn. I pulled them off of each other, gently. It appeared that the ramshorn was desperately trying to get away. (Twisting out of their shell with head fully extended) This could have been my imagination creating tank drama!

Has anyone seen an apple snail eat a large, living rams horn snail?

submitted by /u/Spacedogg40
[link] [comments]

Where can you get sea snails? (Or mystery snails?) I live in North America are they available here?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:07 PM PDT

Will this Ramshorn breed with another gyralus spp.?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:03 PM PDT

Found a wee spotted Ramshorn in my kid's tank. It's about 0.5cm in diameter and a mystery as to where it came from because the only thing we're introduced into her tank in the last month is two rabbit snails and two mystery snails.

She, of course, has fallen in love and wants to keep it, but does NOT want an explosion in her tank. Since we don't know where the heck it came from, we'd like to err on the side of caution and assume there may be one or more still in her tank.

My tank has no larger ramshorn spp. but does have some of the very small gyralus spp. that get to be a max of 0.5cm. Can the spotted Ramshorn breed with the smaller gyralus spp.??

submitted by /u/wishiwerefae
[link] [comments]

If I have 2 zebra nerites in a tank, they wont breed right?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:51 PM PDT

Thinking about adding some to a tank, but not interested in breeding.

submitted by /u/KingRamos42
[link] [comments]

I think they're having fun, is this normal behavior?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:33 PM PDT

How many of pellets should I feed him? He’s doubled in size this week and seems ravenous but I don’t want to over feed. He has tried to escape and it was because he was hungry. He’s about 1.25 inch diameter shell now.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:33 PM PDT

I’m moving bladder snails from the breeding tank to my display tank. They think they’ve been moved to a race track apparently.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 10:42 AM PDT

The only baby that hatched from four mystery snail clutches. Plus a penny for scale!

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:20 AM PDT

Gold Inca likes to go inverted, floating at the surface to skim protein.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:51 AM PDT

Bertha's floating antics look even more amazing from below!

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:17 PM PDT

Meet Shelldon!! If he’s not nom nom-ing he’s sleeping... must be THE life!

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:52 PM PDT

Mystery Snail egg clutches falling randomly into aquarium -_-

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:18 AM PDT

I have about 5-6 mystery snaill egg clutches going on at a given time with two active mommies. For the last month, I have lost about 3 perfectly placed clutches, mid to large size, randomly fall into water. There is pretty much no change regarding the conditions where the eggs are, maybe with the only difference of temperature which is around 82.5 now, compared to maybe 79-80 in winter time.

Any thoughts on what is happening and how to fix this issue?

submitted by /u/iseldiera451
[link] [comments]

When to put snails into new aquarium?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:14 AM PDT

Hello I'm new to this aquatic world.. I read a lot before and am now on my 5th day of owning a 30L nanocube. It looks great and makes lots of fun.

I have 3 ramshorn snails and tower snails (at least that's how Google translates it) each. They are already almost two weeks in quarantine as I hope for an aquarium without planarians (again Google translator).

My question is now - when can I put them into the nanocube? I fear they don't like to be in quarantine anymore as they are not that active anymore. But I also read a lot that you have to wait until nitrite and nitrate are not that high anymore to safely put them in. How do you do it? And should I consider sth when I move them to the cube?

submitted by /u/ohnowhutz
[link] [comments]

Babies!

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 10:15 PM PDT

Caught one of my purple mystery snails laying a clutch of eggs.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:30 PM PDT

A friend is babysitting my tank, just asked for a snail, and they gave her this. What kind of snail do I now own?!?!?!?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 03:35 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.