Shrimp Tank - Aquariums - 5 Month Update On The Shrimp Mini-Pond


5 Month Update On The Shrimp Mini-Pond

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:32 PM PDT

Well it was suppose to be for my shrimp �� ����������

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:14 PM PDT

Din din. I know you guys are probably tired of me posting ALL THE TIME about my new babies but I'm just so excited! Lol

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:03 PM PDT

Just waiting for the Thai Micro Crabs to arrive...

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:55 AM PDT

My first shrimp after 10 years of abstinence.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:37 PM PDT

Don't get me wrong, I love my fish, but my shrimp are my passion.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:33 PM PDT

Working on my Yellow Neos

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:58 PM PDT

Amano momma decided not to let this clutch of eggs go to waste. Tasty.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:05 PM PDT

Home made snacks

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:44 PM PDT

My first tank, cycling almost ready to go ��

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:28 PM PDT

After losing 90% of my stock, this is a welcome sight

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:13 PM PDT

Tricks for spotting / drawing-out baby skrimplettes? Wife thinks I am nuts...

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:00 PM PDT

Hey guys!! I recently had a Red Rilli berried for about 3 1/2 weeks - I watched the eggs lose their color and turn translucent over a couple days and then drop off in batches- certain birth had occurred!! So began my search...

Alas our tank is heavily planted -I've spent many hours trying to spot one and I think I may have -ONE!! Even got a (terrible) picture as proof before he/she moved along.

Now it's tough to see and my wife just thinks I've gone shrimp-crazy....so I'll keep looking.. my eyes are crossed and I believe I've formed actual relationships with the adults in my tank... they have different personalities....but continue I must!!!

Any tips for drawing the little buggers out for confirmation of their... existence? I'm thinking algae wafer at dark and sneak in with a flash light .. or something like that...

Any ideas are welcome 🙏 thank you 🦐 family!!

submitted by /u/voltrackstar
[link] [comments]

I think I finally figured out why I'm losing shrimp, but now I need help with KH and GH

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:59 PM PDT

I'm pretty much brand new to aquariums (got my first one in January from a friend, already established, fully cycled, etc) and have been trying to turn it into a shrimp tank pretty much since then. Usually I buy 3-4 shrimp at a time and they all seem totally fine and happy for the first few days, then I start losing one every now and then. A lot of them have been failed molts. My water params:

pH: 7.2
temp: 76-77º F
TDS: ~210
ammonia: 0
nitrites: 0
nitrates: 5 ppm

I didn't have a GH/KH test kit until I read about how low gh/kh might be causing the molt fails and ordered one that arrived today. My KH is 3, and my GH changed color instantly with one drop, so I assume it's even less than 1!! I read that KH for neocaridina should be about 6-9 and GH should be 8-10. How should I go about raising my gh/kg levels without impacting my pH too much?

I read about using crushed coral but tbh I don't want a bunch of white crushed coral on my new, pretty black sand... and I don't have a place to put it in my filter unfortunately. I already have a cuttlebone in the bottom of the tank and one in my filter, but apparently they aren't doing much. I also read about Seachem Equilibrium, but it seems that addresses GH only?? Please share your tips, I really want to stop killing my shrimps!

submitted by /u/mustachetv
[link] [comments]

Posted last week about if my first shrimp looked healthy, now she's berried!

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:32 PM PDT

Bought a new macro lens and though to try it out with my shrimps. This is the second birth and I am excited.

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:01 AM PDT

Guys i think my snail is broken...

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:06 PM PDT

Let's play a game of Where is Wally ! How many Skriiimps can you spot ?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:49 PM PDT

30 seconds of wood shrimp

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 02:04 PM PDT

Nice fire reds. No filter. I like how the color pops against substrate.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:26 PM PDT

Pregnant shrimps hanging out on wood very close to surface. Cause for concern? The rest of the 11 shrimps are almost always at the bottom, actively swimming around (and sometimes coming to the surface)

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:38 AM PDT

Dababy’s

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:13 AM PDT

Love the pearling.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:15 AM PDT

New 10 gallon shrimp tank - plant advice?

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:15 AM PDT

Hey guys! I've been wanting to start a shrimp tank for about a year now. I finally went and picked up a 10g tank, substrate, an air pump (sponge filter in the mail) and API testing kit.

I'm not even sure what shrimp I'm gonna get yet, I'm going to set everything up and let it cycle for a while and add in plants/decorations.

Anyway, where do you guys buy your plants online? Also, any specific plants you recommend for a beginner? I'm trying to keep it fairly inexpensive.

Thanks for any advice!

submitted by /u/Purple_Comfortable35
[link] [comments]

Mail Monday! But I didnt remember ordering eggs

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:30 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.