Reef Tank - Aquariums - My yellow ringed orange mouth green yuma!


My yellow ringed orange mouth green yuma!

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

My random reef - perks of working from home

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:19 AM PDT

My two Trachy’s

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:08 PM PDT

Miss Carpenter my copperband butterfly fish

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:26 PM PDT

My brother got me a Dragon Soul and a Joker Torch as an early birthday gift, he told me my fish was dying to make me go check the tank

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:32 PM PDT

Stupid laws of thermodynamics

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:22 PM PDT

Almost 2 years in. This tank taught me patience

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:36 PM PDT

Well my goby and shrimp are settled in together. Don't have to worry about the sand not getting turned over.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:59 PM PDT

The infamous clownfish side eye.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:41 AM PDT

Added some great new pieces today.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:59 PM PDT

Button Scoly

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

BingBing acting excited to see me after I was away for a week is the best feeling haha (my friend had been feeding him)

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

Cynarina looking good!

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

Need help removing this hammer from its plug or rock, how can I safely do this without damaging the coral? What tools will I need?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:45 PM PDT

[help] So I inherited a 32 Gal Biocube saltwater tank trying to get some guidance.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:11 PM PDT

He moved outta the country, I got the ability to make payments and a killer deal.

Here is where I am at now with only a small amount of money invested into some additional livestock, everything else was acquired by him.

BioCube 32 with the following mods/accessories

Livestock in the tank (I don't think I am missing anything)

  • 2x Emerald Crabs
  • 2x Hermit Crabs (unsure of species I can try and get good photos)
  • 1 Anemone
  • 1 Clownfish
  • 5x Nassarius Snails
  • Nerite Snail (I think 1 possibly 2)
  • 1 Trochus Snail
  • 1 Fire Shrimp
  • 1 Peppermint Shrimp

Assorted Additional Items

  • A bunch of Salt
  • 1 CyberPower 1500 UPS
  • A bunch of Filter Floss
  • A Portable Refractometer
  • A Saltwater Testing Kit (I am assuming it's not expired, but I have heard it should be one year from the date that the reagents are opened, versus it's actual printed date, so I am not sure how long is actually left on them.
  • A Bulb Powered Gravel Cleaner/Siphon
  • a Frozen Fish Food from Rods Fish Food
  • Small Super Protein Pellets from Fauna Marin

Long term hopes/ideas

  • An aquascape beyond Stacked Rock on Sand
  • Some additional Fish
  • Some cheaper hearty corals

Rock/Aquascape Question

Since I want to do something beyond stacked rock, could I get away with pulling out all of the rock minus the rock that the Anemone has made its home and break it up and do some more intricate aquascaping? If I can get away with that, there are all sorts of adhesive products, what's a product that people have had good success with that's hopefully easy for a beginner to work with.

If removing the current rock and trying to aquascape it is a bad idea, I was thinking of going with the MarcoRock ReefSaver stuff.

1 or 2 Small Foundation Reef Saver Dry Live Rock - MarcoRocks

4x bags of 8lbs Reef Saver Nano Shelf Dry Live Rock - MarcoRocks (this is based on guidance from BRS regarding quantity)

New Fish Type/Timing Question

I was thinking of getting a fish that would help with Sandbed Aeration - I have seen all sorts of suggestions for different Fish or Fish/Shrimp pairings, and given my current tank configuration, I am not sure which is best, or the timing of when I should be considering adding these additional fish.

Coral Related Question

I know enough to know that the Corals should really be kinda last in terms of what I am trying to do, but when it comes time to go down this road, what would be the suggestions on something fairly cheap and tolerant (for a coral). What equipment should I have in place prior to hitting this stage to be successful.

Equipment Goal question

While staying to the confines of the Nano tank, where should I be looking at in terms of equipment investment, and priority/timeline of getting them.

submitted by /u/AWM-AllynJ
[link] [comments]

Should I be worried?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:10 PM PDT

dirty glass but the reef was lookin good last night.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

It’s a good thing aiptasia doesn’t glow under blue light...

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:37 PM PDT

Baby Black ice clowns are in and took some food already. Super happy!!

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:40 AM PDT

Fake lime chilli or pink diamond? I cant tell

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:38 PM PDT

Opinions on my torches. My black light torch seemed like it was growing a new head (2 weeks ago) now it looks ugly. All other coral in my tank is doing well. Is it okay?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

Maroon clown death stare

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

Building up stock for my online coral buisness start up! my speciality is zoas! Dont worry I'm not going to reveal the name as I'm sure that's against the rules.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:23 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.