Crayfish Can anyone tell me if my crawdad is a boy or a girl?


Can anyone tell me if my crawdad is a boy or a girl?

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:21 PM PDT

No more claws

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:34 PM PDT

Patrus had a bad molt this morning; she lost both claws and her new carapace looks super wrinkly and misshapen. I really hope she pulls through.

submitted by /u/shksprspuck
[link] [comments]

Lotta crayfish tank upgrade questions!

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:03 PM PDT

I've been keeping a wild caught crayfish in a 10 gallon tank with a gravel substrate since about March this year and I'm thinking about giving my cray an upgrade.

  1. Right now I have it in a standard 10 gallon tank, but I have a standard 20 gallon that I'm not using. The crayfish is about 3 inches, although I don't know how big it will get. Should I keep it in the 10 gal or upgrade to the 20 gal?
  2. I have Top Fin gravel in the tank right now. I'm thinking of switching to a more natural and possibly finer gravel or even sand. Should I go for the gravel or the sand, and what would be some good options for either?
  3. It's currently a fully filled up tank, but I'm thinking about making it have some land areas and getting an in-tank filter for it. Would the cray like the land area and would an airstone be redundant in this set up?
  4. Are there any good tips on how to reduce opening on the top of the tank, such as a certain lid or someway to seal up holes?
  5. What plants would work well for either water or land? I currently have moss balls in the tank and lucky bamboo in the filter.

Pics: Tank Setup Crayfish

Sorry if these are too many questions that have been asked before, but I've seen some disagreement on 1 and 2, but I want to make sure I can improve it's living conditions as I learn to take care of them. Thank you to whoever reads and replies to this!

submitted by /u/bigBrainOof
[link] [comments]

Molting

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:31 PM PDT

Is it a good idea to separate my crayfish when they are molting

submitted by /u/Foxythepiratehp
[link] [comments]

Blue crayfish with molt - Blue Grew!

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:34 AM PDT

Fake plants in cray fish enclosure?

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:50 PM PDT

Will my crayfish eat plastic fake plants if a put them in the tank

submitted by /u/Yes2436
[link] [comments]

I'm thinking about keeping crayfish But don't know which species to keep

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:06 AM PDT

I want a crayfish but can't find a good type i want a crayfish about 3 inches in length what species of crayfish grow to that size

submitted by /u/Yes2436
[link] [comments]

Marshal enjoying some cuttlebone

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:50 AM PDT

Not eating?

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

My cray has not had anything to eat for the past two days and has hardly come out of his hide. He usually eats once or twice a day and is very active. It had been a little over a month since his last molt but even then he has never stopped eating. Nothing about his tank parameters has changed except I replaced his old hide with a larger one. Any advice?

submitted by /u/JadeFlowerGMG
[link] [comments]

*update! My crayfish that had blue pigments molted again! Twice in 3 weeks and claws grew 2x’s the size!!! ����

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:18 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.