Betta Fish Aquariums - [AUTOPOST] CARESHEET, WIKI & WEEKLY HELP POST - August 03 to August 10


[AUTOPOST] CARESHEET, WIKI & WEEKLY HELP POST - August 03 to August 10

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:33 AM PDT

Welcome to r/bettafish!

Click this link to view our CARESHEET

Quick synopsis of caresheet:

  • Minimum tank size is 5 gallons (about 20 liters) for a regular sized betta, and 10 gallons (about 40 liters) for a king/giant betta

  • Bettas need an adjustable heater and a thermometer to ensure water temperature stays between 78-82°F or about 26-28°C

  • Bettas need a cycled tank- this requires a filter

  • Bettas need silk or live plants and hidey holes with no sharp edges.

  • Bettas have a special organ, the labyrinth organ, allowing them to breathe air. They require constant access to air at the top of the tank.

  • Bettas will jump- it is best to have a tank with a lid

Click this link to view our WIKI

Quick synopsis of the wiki:

  • Contains info on basic betta care, diseases, potential tank mates, tail types/coloring, differences between males/females, ordering bettas, moving with bettas, setting up sororities and MORE!

  • This most likely has the answers to your questions. Feel free to ask questions if you are confused or aren't sure about something.

WEEKLY HELP POST

This is the place to ask anything and everything about bettas. Be sure to include your water parameters(ammonia/nitrite/nitrate,) tank size, how long the specific issue has been occurring, and some pictures if there is something which requires a diagnosis (e.g. fin rot/melt, velvet, dropsy.)

How do I upload pictures?

Go to imgur.com and select "New Post". Add all the clear pictures you have so we can better determine what is going on with your fish. It is recommended you set the album to private if you don't want weird comments. Click upload. From there, click the share button- if you are on mobile, hit "copy to clipboard" and paste the link into your comment on here. If on desktop, copy the link and paste it here.

For those new to technology- ctrl + c is copy, ctrl + v is paste.

To have your link like this, put these [ ] brackets around the text you want to show, with no space before the first word or after the last word, and without adding a space after the second bracket, use parentheses ( ) for the link, with no spaces between the parentheses or the link itself.

Be sure to read our rules before posting or commenting.

If your question was not answered yesterday, please feel free to post again!

Ask away!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Took this pic of my giant hm boy, thought it was pretty cool.

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:47 AM PDT

Pretty sure hes not as impressed as i am with my new camera lol ��

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:41 AM PDT

Creamsicle

Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:09 PM PDT

Alien blu boi

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:57 AM PDT

My 29 days old girl glowing up. She is so active. Always excited to see me. Eating a lot but only live food for now. Her stress stripes are fading away gradually and colors becoming more vibrant every day. Still growing. She is about 2.5-3 cm without a tale fin. Looks twice smaller than her mother.

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:53 AM PDT

Meet Arthur Mao Vespasian. "Defender of tanks and killer of anything that fits in his mouth"

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

My blue boy, Bo. He's my first baby so I'm grateful to find this community. So many helpful posts and comments <3

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:18 AM PDT

This is my baby girl Aurora. She is an Elephant ear, I got her 2 days ago & on her first night here she jumped out of her tank. I found her in enough time to get her back into water & we have been slowly healing in a hatchery until I can get her a more reliable tank. I feel like I failed her

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:57 AM PDT

I thought my wild mahachai betta would be appreciated here.( no video filter)

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:05 AM PDT

So... I decided to do something for once in my life....

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:17 AM PDT

So, you know, I was just casually scrolling through one of those app where you can sell stuff. I see a post with a betta. So it says "$20. Comes with fish and tank." But, the fish looks like his fins are clamped, there is nothing in the tank besides the fish and water, there is like a brown algae(?), so I was like "Yeah, you know what?! I'm gonna go get another tank tomorrow. I'm gonna get that cycle on the tank started. I'm get that fish when the cycle is over!" Yeah, so I'm getting another fish tank today. My parents aren't too happy with me already having three. But, what's the harm in getting one more. Especially if it saves a life. Plus, I was planning on upgrading my goldfish and get something else for my goldfish's old tank... so... yeah....

submitted by /u/Groundbreaking-Toe36
[link] [comments]

Action shot with food! Thanks to some great advice from this sub, Bernie is recovering well from tail rot and is back to his usual self, flaring & bullying his shrimp buddies!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:03 AM PDT

16 days old today

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

I was trying to tank a video of my seed shrimp

Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:21 PM PDT

photos taken 2 week’s apart!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:37 AM PDT

Not today death! ��

Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:50 PM PDT

Murph making a big ole

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

hello

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:51 AM PDT

Showing off my pretty boy. But he's a fat kid and keeps stealing the pygmy cory food.

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:34 AM PDT

Meet Arthur! This was before and after epsom salt baths, Indian almond leaf, and doxycycline

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:04 AM PDT

After my first betta passed away after 3 years, I decided to honor him by doing better for another betta! Hence, meet Hermes in his new live-planted, 10 gallon tank!

Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:15 PM PDT

DIY acrylic lid with magnetic adapters for Banjo's bowfront.

Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:13 PM PDT

Lazing about

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:29 AM PDT

B e t t a

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:16 AM PDT

Its sad how most people introducing their bettas on this sub say “rescue i got from xxx”. It really reflects on how mistreated these fish are in the hobby

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:04 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.