Aquatic Snails My heart is happy. Her shell was broken and brittle when I found her in the corner of an empty tank at the LFS. Two weeks later and she is looking better than ever!


My heart is happy. Her shell was broken and brittle when I found her in the corner of an empty tank at the LFS. Two weeks later and she is looking better than ever!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:18 PM PDT

meet killua - ivory mysteries are by far my favorite

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:21 PM PDT

snabies!

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:34 AM PDT

Thank you to this sub (details in comment)

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:33 PM PDT

FINALLY! Been trying to catch them laying eggs for so long now!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:51 PM PDT

The biggest out of my baby snails!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:21 PM PDT

Getting ready to be shipped to their forever homes!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:35 AM PDT

Get a nerite they said! It produces less waste than a mystery they said!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:09 AM PDT

I want to start Mystery Snail Breeding.

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:41 PM PDT

So, I just found this subreddit and thought this might be the place to ask. I am fairly well researched about Mystery Snails, but do not have the most experience owning them. (I've only had a few in a tank with other fish.) I'd like to start breeding as 1. it's cheaper than going out and buying a bunch and 2. they seem to make some decent money on the side. I'd just like to know where to start! I have a spare 10 gallon tank for the parents, and a 3.5 for the babies, which I don't really know how to take care of correctly. Any help would be appreciated!!!

submitted by /u/SomeDudeOnTheWeb211
[link] [comments]

Pairing interesting small creatures with snails?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:07 PM PDT

Hello! So my partner has a fairly standard fishtank with a few bettas, some snails, a loach, and some shrimp and my favorite part is watching the snails. So i am looking into getting my own tank started thats more focused on the the little guys. I was wondering if anyone has set up a tank with some land and something like a small freshwater crab. I know it will be more work but its been rather hard to find actual advice on how something like this might be set up.
was also wondering if there are any other interesting creatures to pair up with some snails.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/LewisKinslayer
[link] [comments]

So many snails!! Snail only tank?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:44 PM PDT

So I've had this 5.5 tank set up since late January and intended to eventually start a shrimp colony or a betta tank. Near the end of the cycling process I had added some plants and before I could even figure out what I wanted to do, the tank was already populated with Ramshorns and Bladder Snails. And I'm no monster so of course I didn't kill them. They are thriving as far as I can tell, some of their shells have white specs or something on them? I thought maybe this was shell deterioration so I added some of my roommates cuttlebone, hoping it helps. I've been feeding them some leftover Triop food I had, and some boiled spinach/broccoli/zucchini every now n then. Since I don't want to kill them I decided that maybe I could make them their own tank, and maybe add a couple other varieties of snails, if the size permits.

The tanks just been kind of sitting for months since I couldn't do much financially and because of the current state of the world. I wanted to completely revamp the tank and make it the best it can be for them all and was wondering if anyone had any substrate, plant, food, snail and any other advice or suggestions for me.

Currently the tank has Fluval Stratum, some basic aquarium sand, a Petite Anubias, and some Anacharis in it (and a small hair algae outbreak).

Thanks, hope you're all doing swell!

submitted by /u/Klephki
[link] [comments]

Do you guys think my mystery snails shell is healthy I put a cuttlefish bone in the tank to give him calcium but I dont know if it is working.

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:21 PM PDT

Looking to get two new snail friends today, but both tanks read <20 ppm of nitrate. Should I wait? I do weekly water changes, both are planted tanks. I did just add a cuttlebone piece to both tanks yesterday, maybe that’s what’s affecting it?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:53 PM PDT

Baby Jesus snail walking on air

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:51 PM PDT

Eggs on ramshorn back/shell

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:39 PM PDT

I cant believe this happened I really thought all my snails were boys, but this happened last night. I don't even know who did it lmao But does anyone have any snail baby care advice??? I could really use it

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

Snail Jar?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:35 AM PDT

When I bought live plants for my tank, they came with a couple hitch-hikers in the form of ramshorns snails. I would feel too bad if I killed them (even if it was as humane as possible), so I'm looking to set up a snail jar! I have 4 dime-sized ramshorns and the container I'm thinking of to set up for them is a 2-3 gallon glass jar. I also have a small, seeded sponge filter that I can put in there, as well as a few anubias and moss balls. Is this sufficient for a nice forever home (including substrate and small hardscape elements, of course)? they're currently living in a small breeder box in my main tank because I am really not interested in having snails in there, so this would be quite a nice upgrade for them, I think.

submitted by /u/hkj369
[link] [comments]

Help, Is my nerite snail unhealthy?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:00 PM PDT

Hi, I have a 5.5-gallon tank with a goldfish (I know it's small for a goldfish sorry) and a Nerite snail. I purchased them and another Nerite - who passed away - at a PetSmart 3 weeks ago. Since then I have done a 2, 25% water changes and vacuumed the tank. Turbo(the nerite) is active during the night and will sometimes wake up during the day. I noticed his/her foot has a yellowish tone and it has lightened since I purchased them. Also, their mouth seems dark? Should I be worried? I'm a little new to snails :( If they are unhealthy, how do I care for them?

Water Info

5.5 Gal

Filter & Heater

Test Strips used: Tetra EasyStrips Ammonia and 6-in-1

Ammonia: 0

Nitrate: 0

Nitrite: 0

PH: around 7.6

GH: as high as my test strips go and it says 300?

KH: I'm not 100% sure as the test strip square is 1/5 yellow (0), 1/5 deep teal (120-180) but 3/5 light green (40-80)

https://reddit.com/link/i34bhn/video/mxemn3nkfue51/player

submitted by /u/Comfy_Tea
[link] [comments]

Beige mystery snails?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:00 AM PDT

I bred my brown and blue/ivory (not sure) mystery snails and the babies don't have the stripes and spots I saw online of mixed mystery snails. They're really pretty but what coloration are they?

submitted by /u/Xander011420
[link] [comments]

My ramshorn snail eggs hatched!! :DD ... What do i have to do to take care of them now tho,,

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:55 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.