Micro Aquatics Decided on a betta to go with my shrimp! Meet Cycad!


Decided on a betta to go with my shrimp! Meet Cycad!

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:48 AM PDT

Advice on what I could do with a 2.5G cylindrical tank on the cheap?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:06 PM PDT

So I'm a Pre-K teacher and got a grant to get a classroom betta fish (thanks, Pets in the Classroom!). Unfortunately, my options were either a 1.5 or 2.5 g. I was like "no way, fuck that shit" and stuck boyo in my old 10G planted tank (with two zebra snails, Thundersnail and Emosnail) because I'm teaching kids to not be fishkilling dumbasses.

They still gave me a 2.5G, though. So now I have this little cylindrical tank https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/aqueon-bettabow-black-led-desktop-fish-aquarium-kit-25-galllon-2299982 that no fish deserves to live in.

So what CAN I do? It comes with a filter, so I am slightly tempted to a tiny cherry shrimp tank so bettaboi can have some snacks/they can eat my algae that the snails seem to keep forgetting. I'm gonna place the tank on a bookshelf near a windowsill that tends to get partial light.

Suggestions are appreciated, I'm not a nanotanker so sorry for mistakes!

I was debating making a smaller version of this: https://m.facebook.com/thecinescaper/photos/find-the-buddha-30-litre-no-co2/511280299373516/.

submitted by /u/Lockshala
[link] [comments]

Small tank for bedside table?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:06 PM PDT

I'm looking for suggestions for 5 gallon tanks for a bedside table. I'd like something with minimal frames and very aesthetically pleasing. I plan to either keep a betta or shrimp. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Adalwolf311
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.