Goldfish - Aquariums - Update: as I am now under home quarantine, I grabbed the fish from my 55 gal work tank so they can be be looked after! Ended up splitting them up thanks to some advice from people here!


Update: as I am now under home quarantine, I grabbed the fish from my 55 gal work tank so they can be be looked after! Ended up splitting them up thanks to some advice from people here!

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:48 PM PDT

My pearlscale and black moor had babies!! I wonder which breed the fry will turn out to be!

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:10 AM PDT

While under quarantine I added black sand to my tank! Just checking in on yall. Hope everyone is okay. Please let me know if any of you guys need help.

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:37 PM PDT

This may be controversial, but my fish had a tumour, so I performed surgery on her. I'm happy to report that she's doing very well! Here's an album of her journey.

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 01:42 PM PDT

Bradley Cooper looks like a grumpy old man

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:57 PM PDT

Updated, now with auto-fill! We made it 5 months without loosing one fish and no signs of illness; anxiously waiting for the ground to the to start digging...

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:59 PM PDT

pearlscale telescope cross

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:27 PM PDT

Nut and the bubble eye

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:26 PM PDT

Ich or fungal infection? Best way to treat?

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:45 PM PDT

can you guys help me? I’m not sure if this is swim bladder infection or if he just accidentally ate some air/is bloated. This just recently happened within an hour of feeding them. 30(?) gallon tank 4 other fish. After his bursts of swimming he just floats on the top of the tank. Poor thing.

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:55 PM PDT

Turning black, or ammonia burn?

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:28 PM PDT

Anyone know what this is? Not my fish just one I was admiring that’s for sale. But I noticed he has this forking on the top of both caudal fins that I’ve never seen before.

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:22 PM PDT

The Elodea Densa I ordered finally arrived! (Please excuse the reflection in tha tank glass)

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:49 AM PDT

If goldfish were to suddenly get bigger than humans, will they eat humans?

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:29 PM PDT

I know they are omnivorous but I noticed that some fish actually recognized their owners, but I was just curious if they were to suddently turn bigger than their owners. Would a goldfish or any pet fish devour its own owner?

This is just a silly curiousity of mine. Answer seriously or answer not so seriously!!

submitted by /u/dovenius1
[link] [comments]

"The suspect went that way, Sr. I swear" Words from Majin Buu

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:55 AM PDT

How long does the male goldfish chase the female goldfish before the female lays her eggs?

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:21 AM PDT

Basics of Goldfish care??

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 07:21 AM PDT

Hi, people of reddit! I am currently in the market for what is essentially going to be my first collection of fish (in terms of how well i can look after him/her). I have previously owned 2 goldfish, however i was extremely young when they were in my possession and they, unfortunately, passed away within 6 months of me having them. I have always been fascinated by our aquatic friends though, and i would like to give this a proper try! I am 13 years old, and i have experience with reptiles- but not much else (my current and first lizard has been around for 5 months and he is thriving) and as such i am on a VERY limited budget (think £50- £100 per birthday in terms of cash) and so any money saving tips would be helpful. I know this has been a bit of a tangent, but in short i am looking for a cheap, easy way to look after 2-4 goldfish for as long as they live (whilst providing them with an enjoyable life, if course). Thank you reddit!

submitted by /u/Traveller40k
[link] [comments]

Annoying Persistent Brown Algae (light activated??) Tips?

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:54 AM PDT

I have a planted 30 gal with two shubunkins. I recently added lights, and ever since then, this brown algae problem has EXPLODED. It just won't go away. I've tried to cut down on the lights to about four hours a day, but the plants have been suffering, so i've moved them to a bucket for now. I know for a fact that my tap water is high in nitrates, but I use seachem prime to get rid of it (I think? someone on here told me it only binds the nitrates for two days, and then it's released, but my tank has been relatively low for at least a week after a water change so idk). Anyone else suffering/suffered from a problem like this? I'd love to hear your story as a beacon of hope! Also any tips if you have any!

submitted by /u/J_black_
[link] [comments]

how to put a fish down

Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:28 AM PDT

my friends 2 goldfish have been around for almost 5 years and she has kept them in a bowl for almost their entire life excluding the plastic bag she bought them in for the first month, she feeds them once a week and i don't think their tank has EVER been cleaned, i've tried to talk her into being more kind to them as i want them to be happy, however lately i've seen many obvious signs of them about to die and probably in pain, i feel bad saying this but i don't really see them important enough to call an animal protective service and i just want to put them out of their misery but i'd rather do it in a way she wouldn't know i did it, posting on an anonymous acc cause she knows my reddit acc

submitted by /u/anon1234590987654321
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.