Aquatic Koi Sick Koi in natural stock pond: how to proceed


Sick Koi in natural stock pond: how to proceed

Posted: 17 Mar 2020 02:12 PM PDT

Hello, last year I moved into a house with a 100-year old small stock pond/swimming hole fed by a natural spring. Pretty sweet setup, but it's hard to catch the fish and treat the water. I have a koi with severe dropsy, I wonder if I should put him down or see if he will recover in quarantine. Right now, should I be concerned with the other stronger koi? Should I put them all in quarantine or do salt dips? Is a salt dip a preventative measure or just a treatment for a known health issue? Or is the size of the pond large enough that they won't get infected?

Thanks for your help. I had a rough first year with fish, I lost so many 😢

submitted by /u/HatMouz
[link] [comments]

Koi Fish Parasite?

Posted: 18 Mar 2020 01:25 AM PDT

Koi Fish Parasite?

Hi, recently one of our koi fishes started getting sick and their scales started to fall off. We suspect that these things are the cause. Does anyone know what these are or how to get rid of them? I didn't find anything when searching online for Koi related parasites

https://preview.redd.it/z3337r1g5en41.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7d2b1ac6d74f9a7bb8fd2d1d5d630e9ad976dc47

submitted by /u/_BaaMMM_
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.