Aquatic Koi New house has a Koi pond and I know nothing about Koi


New house has a Koi pond and I know nothing about Koi

Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:08 PM PST

We are moving into a new house next week that has a beautiful Koi pond in the backyard. We live in Colorado, but on the eastern plains so it doesn't get quite as cold. My understanding is that there are currently 20ish koi in the pond and it will likely need some immediate work in terms of population control, landscaping, cleaning, and making sure mechanics are all in working order. Anyway, I don't know the first thing about Koi but I'd love to learn and was wondering if you guys would mind suggesting some books, internet articles, personal methods or anecdotes, etc., to hopefully get me past rookie status as quickly as possible? I'm sure there will be some hiccups along the way but I'm excited for the challenge and I want to do my best taking care of these new little pals.

As an aside, I know this general topic gets posted from time to time but I did a quick search and did not see a cumulative thread with collective wisdom. So please forgive me if I have either missed it or have otherwise posted a painfully redundant request.

submitted by /u/TerribleAnn
[link] [comments]

Looking for side view of Asagi Koi

Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:35 PM PST

As the title says, I'm looking for a side view (profile) of an asagi koi. It's for a tattoo and I want the koi to be as real as an asagi. Thank you for your help.

submitted by /u/ssee1848
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.