Aquatic Koi fungal infection?


fungal infection?

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:35 AM PDT

HELP NEEDED! Recent flashing, stunned, now swimming on side / upside down.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PDT

What is this white thing on his face?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:19 AM PDT

Would it be safe for koi to be in this pond?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:33 PM PDT

Acquired house with a pond. http://imgur.com/a/6V0bEu9

Neighbors told us that it is a natural pond fed by a spring. It has lots of frogs, many bluegill (about 40; biggest I have seen is about 5 in) and a few striped bass( i think). I've seen the occasional snake and turtle. As for plants, there's water hyacinth and a little duckweed that seems to disappear from time to time🤷‍♀️. I tried planting water lilies but they didnt take root well enough.

I want to add small koi and watch them grow but I am almost certain that they would get bullied by the "natives". Also there is no filter, just a fountain. We have two, one smaller one, and a more powerful one with a uv sterilizer.

TL;DR: Can I introduce baby koi safely into this already established pond? If not, would bigger koi (4-6 in) have a chance?

submitted by /u/lazyeggg
[link] [comments]

What's this weird growth on my wakin?

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 12:12 PM PDT

Hello, was wondering if you koi peeps knew what this was This guy is 2 years old, I noticed the growth last summer, and it became progressively larger, and has now stayed about this size. My wakin seems a tad sluggish, but not too bad over all.

submitted by /u/witofatwit
[link] [comments]

Making a pond need advice

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:19 PM PDT

Hey, I'm making a fish pond! Although not for Koi. I have an old fashion cast iron sugar kettle they use to use for sugar and soap on plantations. It is a little rusted but I want to clean it up and put Oranda fish in it. I would like advice on how to make a proper home for these fish. I'm going to get most of the rust off but I want to get some advice on how to keep it clean and regulate the water temp, I live in south Louisiana where it can get very hot sometimes 110 on the heat index does anyone have suggestions on products or if I should put the fish in that environment at all. If I shouldn't have those fish what fish should I have? I want the fish to have the best quality life at the end of the day https://www.pinterest.com/pin/496310821432446220/

submitted by /u/Gabe-Savoy
[link] [comments]

Beginners guide

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:36 AM PDT

Hey guys, I just bought a house recently and it came with a Koi pond. There's 8 Koi in total. Was wondering if you guys knew any online links to guides for raising them? Feeding, season related patterns, how to identify subspecies and genders. Let me know! I'll try getting a cute picture soon for the group!

submitted by /u/SSRI_hoe
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.