Aquariums - March madness Round 2!


March madness Round 2!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:03 PM PDT

Hello again! It's time for round two of our annual March Madness event! Here's the form, so go and vote! Let's highlight some upsets and close calls of the last round, shall we?

  • Kuhli Loach barely scraped the victory from German Blue Ram, with a difference of only five votes, and goes on to face the highly favored Betta, after its decisive victory over the Honey Gourami.
  • In a minor upset, Crayfish broke away from Flowerhorns, and are now looking to take on the Bichirs, who stomped Bucktooth Tetras in the first round.
  • It's going to be a battle of the algae eaters, with Neocaridina Shrimp vs Plecos! Both of these lovable garbage disposals very easily defeated their opponents in the first round. (Bala Shark and White Cloud Mountain Minnow, respectively)
  • I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a favorite, because I do. My home team, The Harlequin Rasboras, won in a tight race against the Pearl Gourami, and are now facing off against the Axolotl, who absolutely crushed Endler's Livebearers.
  • Here we have two upsets coming together to see who's the most upsetting! (does that work? Is that a proper joke?) Parrotfish beat the Blood Parrots by a decent margin, but the real upset is the Vampire Shrimp beating the Platy by only two votes! I had to change the form for the second round for this one because it was so close!
  • Another minor upset: Silver Arowana beating Yellow Tang, to move on to Pea Puffers after their stomping of fancy goldfish. Can the shiny boi beat last year's victor? Stay tuned!
  • The next round has faces only a mother can love: Gobies won against the Polleni cichlid, and Upside-Down Catfish with a minor upset against Mystery Snails.
  • Rummynose Tetra beat Kribs by only four votes! And are now facing off against the Hillstream Loach, after their handy defeat of Nerite Snails.
  • The last one has a bit of an issue. There was no number 21 in the original bracket (oops). So the final one has three entrants in one. The Boesemani rainbowfish did win in round one against the Red Tailed Catfish, but now it has to face two opponents: Our only coral entrant (Toadstool mushroom leather coral) and Dorvaleiidae.
  • There is no bonus question this time (sorry, I'm not creative enough), but my will to live did win last time. Thanks guys! Let's hope that that comes true irl too!
submitted by /u/PuddlesRex
[link] [comments]

Fish towers we made for our outdoor ponds. The fish love them.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PDT

Hi there, I am new here. I made this spacebar for r/Mechanicalkeyboard several days ago, and some guys have recommended me to post it here. This is Koifish Tab. Hope you like it.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:17 AM PDT

When you switch your substrate to Fluval Stratum but you only rinsed 47 times

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:01 PM PDT

The positive to staying at home is finally getting to appreciate your fish!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:50 PM PDT

Michigan just got the shutdown order, looks like I get to spend more time in the fishroom! Got quite a few mini projects I need to get done.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:00 AM PDT

My German Blue Rams laid eggs today!

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:11 AM PDT

2 male ruby barbs fighting for dominance

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:10 AM PDT

A little slice of life in the 20gal

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:16 AM PDT

I won a lifetime supply of duckweed from my LFS!!!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:24 AM PDT

I guess every tank is a quarantine tank these days.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:10 PM PDT

14”+ Fire Eel at LFS

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:37 PM PDT

New fish friend in quarantine of his own

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 08:10 PM PDT

Took the weekend at home to set up my new fish room! Im super proud so more pictures here https://imgur.com/gallery/vlIVL2Q

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:58 AM PDT

My peacock eel coming out to get some food.

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:19 PM PDT

New members of the tank, Corona and Covid.

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:12 AM PDT

I have only owned fish for two month, but I have fully dived into the hobby. I recently tried to breed Zebra Danios and believed that I was unsuccessful. I turned the tank (2g) into a shrimp tank, and I came home from work today to see at least 40 babies!

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

New Nano Carpet Tank For My Betta Fish :)

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:46 AM PDT

What a goofball!

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:17 AM PDT

In the jungle

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:22 PM PDT

Waterchange day! Still having a slight hair algae problem on driftwood, but I don’t think it looks too bad...kinda like moss, right? lol

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:09 PM PDT

Schrute �� my boy is 2months old today

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:08 PM PDT

I do it for the plants

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:31 PM PDT

Mudskipper I took home from petco. They had him in a 2 gallon plastic carrier with no heat or filter. Hes starting to color up now

Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:28 PM PDT

The view from my living room sofa

Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:24 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.