Goldfish - Aquariums - The new Goldfish Island Ranchu is safe and sound in her QT tank! She’s so cute!


The new Goldfish Island Ranchu is safe and sound in her QT tank! She’s so cute!

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:38 PM PST

My goldfish are basically aquatic bumper cars.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:42 AM PST

My boys have grown so much these past months that the 75 gallon is starting to look small.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:18 PM PST

Updated pics, maybe healing?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:41 PM PST

Can anyone suggest a guide to goldfish varieties?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:47 PM PST

Am I correct in assuming and treating this fish for Ich?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:49 PM PST

Ammonia smell?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:02 PM PST

Hey guys, did my water change today and noticed an Ammonia smell. I didn't think much of it, but I just re-smelled (is that a word) it, and it still smells. Ammonia was 0 this am, and still reads zero now. Nitrate was at like 10-20 before the water change, but I haven't retested that. PH is where it always is at 8, and temp is the same at 69 ish. I have just started keeping the top completely sealed due to a dojo Loach jumping out, but other than that everything is the same. Is this normal? Should I not worry as long as my Ammonia keeps reading 0? Thanks!

submitted by /u/WobbyRirick
[link] [comments]

I have SURPRISE goldfish at my new house and have no idea what to do for them. Advice?

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:54 AM PST

Hey all, my new house has a fairly large koi pond (I don't know the exact volume but I'm sure it's in my documents somewhere), and I had planned on getting a few fish for it WAY down the line after I had spent a lot of time researching and planning. At this time, I have basically zero experience with keeping fish.

I started moving in last week and lo and behold, there are three goldfish (I think? They don't seem to have barbels...) hanging out at the very bottom of the pond. During the warmer parts of the day they swim around, and they look to be about 4 or 5 inches long.

The old owner left a half of a carton of goldfish/koi pellets and I threw about a teaspoon in there to see if they were hungry, but they weren't interested. I know their metabolisms slow down in the cold, so I'm not panicking about that.

The pond has a working filter system and an air pump, but the bottom of the pond has a lot of algae/scum. Is that okay, or will it be okay until spring when I can clean it up? What is going to be the best way to do that? I want to put some duckweed in there, but what other plants would do well? The pond seems so boring for them with norhing in the water and nowhere to hide. I'm in coastal Oregon, and it doesn't get cold enough to freeze generally.

And I'm so sorry for the wall of text, I just really was not expecting to have little mouths to feed so soon and I want them to be happy and healthy. Thank you for any advice you can give me!

submitted by /u/duckmilky
[link] [comments]

Got 5 feeders and an anubais tied to driftwood at a local pet store because petsmart’s tanks were absolutely disgusting. These guys look much healthier. I’ve heard that these can get as big as some koi so I know this setup won’t sustain itself for long. Thinking of doing a container pond outside.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:26 AM PST

Questions

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:09 AM PST

Do you guys think a 20 gallon long tank is good enough for a single oranda goldfish?

submitted by /u/_Marty__
[link] [comments]

Help with what I assume is dropsy

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:29 AM PST

Just finished General Cure dosing. Do I need to remove it with a carbon pad? I don't currently have any in my 2 canister filters. Or can I just remove it with a couple big water changes over a few days? I'm not due to clean my canisters and I hate opening them up if I don't need to.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:48 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.