Planted Aquarium - Breakfast time


Breakfast time

Posted: 11 Jun 2022 04:46 PM PDT

And now we wait!

Posted: 11 Jun 2022 02:30 PM PDT

Looking for an elegant nano tank that has a well fitting glass lid. (Boss is worried about evaporation cause if damage to my cubicle furniture and computer) 3-5 gallon max, rimless style/office appropriate is a must.

Posted: 11 Jun 2022 03:01 PM PDT

TLDR: my boss is scared of evaporation, so I'm looking for a high quality nano tank that has a tight fitting lid.

I've been going back and forth with my boss for a long time trying to get him to approve a desktop aquarium for my cubicle. He is an engineer with an interest in hobbies like this but he is also super OCD about protecting the office (equipment, furniture, etc.)

It's kind of weird that I had given up on the concept but I think he's still curious to see me set one up because he keeps asking me about the idea. So I've decided to move forward.

I've convinced him that I can do the water changes without making a mess by employing siphons and dumping the water water in the mop closet sink.

Now, we are stuck on the tank itself. He keeps requesting to see examples of tanks similar to what I am envisioning. He also ways disapproves of photos of rimless tanks with no top because he thinks the evaporation will damage the office.

I showed him the UNS tanks and I have a few Aqueon tanks at home that I showed him but both of them don't have super tight fitting lids and he is scared that it won't help mitigate the evaporation.

I also have a marineland portrait tank that does have a VERY nice glass lid, but I'm personally not a fan of the way they designed their AIO compartments.

I do like the UNS AIO design, but again their lids aren't a very tight fit, and I have a feeling that I might prefer a hang on back filter for the office in the long run.

submitted by /u/BettaGlowUp
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.