Jarrariums - new to jarrariums! planted this about a month ago ❤️


new to jarrariums! planted this about a month ago ❤️

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 09:10 AM PDT

Temperature question

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 10:05 AM PDT

Any id on these lil guys, jar is about 3 months in and suddenly all these appear, taken from a English pond.

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 07:07 AM PDT

Important question

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 03:02 PM PDT

So I've had the same jar sustaining itself for about three months now. It had a lot of life falloff at first but now it seems that the snails, daphnia, and algae are in a good balance. The only way I affect the jar is changing how much sunlight it gets. The question is, I recently found a very fresh dead crayfish in the river, and I've been considering putting it in the jar for my critters to snack on. The reason I hesitate is that it was quite difficult getting this delicate balance in the first place, and I don't want to risk poisoning the water somehow. Should I do it?

submitted by /u/GorgothGrimfin
[link] [comments]

My first terriuam. Did it last night the thing on the left looks like it died already. What is it?

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:05 PM PDT

Mum just bought me this, any tips?

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 11:12 AM PDT

How are pond snails able to float up and down in the water column?

Posted: 15 Jun 2022 08:59 AM PDT

Tiny pond snails are the most noticeable inhabitants of my new jars. I'm fascinated by their ability to float both up and down, without any noticeable swimming motions. Snails will slowly let go of a submerged stick, move slowly and steadily to the surface, and then sink slowly back down to land on the same spot. They remind me of little balloons.

I assume they do this to get air from the surface. I'm wondering about the mechanism involved, however. Can they somehow change their density?

submitted by /u/poverty_pond
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.