Shrimp Tank - Aquariums - My office tank with some red cherries, blue velvets, and apparently a ton of bladder snails.


My office tank with some red cherries, blue velvets, and apparently a ton of bladder snails.

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:13 AM PDT

Blue Dreamin'

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:56 PM PDT

My Anubis's flowered this morning, little shrimp mate photobombed me!

Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

My vase & jar aquariums in the evening

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:13 AM PDT

Berried pinto

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:53 PM PDT

One of the blues made an appearance in a camera friendly spot today

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:04 PM PDT

Requesting confirmation that this is a leech

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:40 PM PDT

My first shrimp molted his shell!

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:59 PM PDT

Candycane

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:17 AM PDT

Second new tank this weekend! Took me all day! I'm so excited to put SKRIMPS into it soon.

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:06 PM PDT

Crips and bloods just hanging out talking business

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:11 AM PDT

My cherry babies are starting to show some red!

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 12:21 PM PDT

Screeching

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:22 PM PDT

Tips and ideas for a beginner?

Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:42 AM PDT

Hello everyone. I am just starting out with aquariums at the moment and am extremely interested in the shrimp especially. Looking to purchase some red cherry shrimp once I have a fully established tank. If any of you guys have any tips, what to do, what not to do, for the best results, then that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Wrobbo09
[link] [comments]

Looks like molt's back on the menu boys!

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:49 AM PDT

Oh gosh please no more

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 01:29 PM PDT

Opae Ula Lab Flask Tank Update Two

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:22 PM PDT

Finally decided to give shrimp a try! Is there anything I should know other than what basic research has taught me?? I believe I got Sunkist shrimp but please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:17 PM PDT

Master of his domain��

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:38 PM PDT

can’t get a great pic but why does this guys nose go up and not straight like the others?

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:44 AM PDT

help please...

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 10:03 PM PDT

currently setting up a tank for caridinas (new to caridinas, successful with neos)

These were the parameters before WC (was 1 fish in it, changing to shrimp tank)

pH: 7.5
NO3: 0-10
KH: 5
NO2: 0
GH: 7
TDS: 219, 240, 245 (not my pen and got different readings straight after one another)

After replacing 80-90% of the tap water and giving a good vac, I added in RO water and got these results

pH: 7
KH: 2
GH: 4
TDS: 60-70 (not my pen and got different readings straight after one another)

How do I increase the TDS alone? I have seen mention that fertilisers will do this?
I have LCA Shrimp Safe All in 1 that I haven't added to that tank before that I could try..

I also have Seachem Replenish but it does state that it increases GH

Thank you

submitted by /u/koaneon
[link] [comments]

White discoloured Spot? Should i be worried?

Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:24 AM PDT

Shrimp are dying

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:10 PM PDT

Just recently moved the rock to a different spot in the tank and added a piece of spiderwood... that caused the heater to turn off (which was functioning great before) went and bought a new heater the same night, and it's very very slowly heating up the tank. This was the same exact heater model that was doing great the first time. WTF is the deal?? My shrimps are going into shock because of this -- I've also had one failed molt. Help!!

submitted by /u/Zahryaart
[link] [comments]

Can anyone tell me if i have male or female shrimps here, the second picture is from another angle, don't know if that helps, still new to all this

Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:00 AM PDT

Establishing new tank: shrimp first, or fish first?

Posted: 19 Apr 2021 06:42 PM PDT

I'm preparing to establish a new 23 gallon long tank that I hope will house breeding colonies of RCS/Bloody Mary's and Celestial Pearl Danios, respectively. The tank will be heavily planted, and will be allowed to grow out as needed before introducing livestock.

I am unsure what the best order for introducing the colonies. My thinking:

Shrimp First Pros:

  • Allows shrimp to establish themselves in stress-free environment
  • can introduce after initial tank algae/biofilm blooms and handle some cleanup crew duties
  • Perhaps allow a generation or two of shrimplets to grow free of predation from the danios.

Cons:

  • After months of low bioload, I am afraid introducing the danios could cause enough of an ammonia spike to harm the shrimps. The plants should more than handle this, but I am paranoid.

Fish First Pros:

  • Fish will help develop mulm layer, micro fauna, etc prior to shrimp.
  • Shrimp are introduced last; tank at its most mature and stable.
  • BB receive steady stream of nutrients. No risk of mini cycle.

Cons:

  • Operate tank without cleanup crew for significant period.

I'm sure I'm not considering other important factors. How do you add shrimp + tankmates to a new tank?

submitted by /u/CsMusicDev
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.