Micro Aquatics Looking for general advice for my tank


Looking for general advice for my tank

Posted: 01 Apr 2021 08:04 PM PDT

Looking for general advice for my tank

Hello. I'm new to the nano tank world. I have a 2.5 gallon tank that I started Feb 18 of this year. I was trying for the Walstad method but didn't quite get there, but it's all a learning experience. (I've also posted on r/planedtanks, so forgive any repetition.)

The tank is 2.5 gallons, about 12.5"Lx6"Wx8.5"H. I used potting soil (sifted and baked), and then put a layer of blue gravel over it. I ordered some plants from Aquarium Co-op, and unfortunately I don't think the plants did well in transit at the time, although I planted them all anyway.

I cycled the tank and about three weeks ago got a mystery snail, who seems to be doing pretty well.

My main concern is the java ferns. I know that some of the brown on them is algae, but some is probably not, and they are splitting from the stem in places. I've started using Flourish and the API CO2 Booster over the last two days, just a couple drops of each. I'm wondering if I should do anything else, or if it's a lost cause.

My parameters have been pretty steady for a few weeks now. pH 7.6, high range pH 7.4, Ammonia 0-0.25ppm, nitrites and nitrates 0ppm. I have a piece of a calcium block in there for the snail, so the KH is fairly high, at least at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome, including be patient. (I'm also wondering if I should use a brush to clean the algae from the sides.)

https://preview.redd.it/983tuhpoeoq61.jpg?width=1024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=91db8f79ff54729a02b423a23b9431d14ac3b622

submitted by /u/LazyCrocheter
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.