Micro Aquatics Latest from the nano


Latest from the nano

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:29 PM PDT

Can you have a planted daphnia Aquarium?

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:01 PM PDT

I'm between tanks right now, and can't start my next Aquarium project until lockdown is over. In the meanwhile, I'm antsy to get my hands wet.

I have an old 2.5 gallon and some plant clippings. Do you think that, if I plant it up, I can grow daphnia in it? The plan is to feed them yeast, spirulina, and green water, and use the plants and water changes to to control ammonia.

I don't expect it to produce a ton of live food, but it would be nice to be able to occasionally harvest a few daphnia for the first I'll eventually get. But the main goal is just to keep them alive and enjoy them until I can have a proper aquarium again.

Has anyone done anything like this? Do you have any tips and suggestions? Or is this just not going to work?

submitted by /u/merrycat
[link] [comments]

Made a lo-fi beat video of my aquarium to help ya’ll ace your exams :)

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 10:24 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.