Goldfish - Aquariums - I just wanted to do my laundry...


I just wanted to do my laundry...

Posted:

Parents "wrestling" in the next room. Traumatized?

Posted:

HELP!! What is this and what do I do to help this big boy???

Posted:

tank cycling, almost ready. any suggestions on adding anything?

Posted:

Buoyancy Problems

Posted:

So my Ryukin is occasionally upside down, but there are also times that it's upside down, either in the bottom or top of the tank, I already fasted it for 2-3 days. But when it's feeding time, it goes back to normal like not upside down & swims normally. On 4th day I fed it with peas. Can this be permanent or just temporary?

submitted by /u/JVince1027
[link] [comments]

Aftercare of goldfish after prawn attack?

Posted:

Hi there! I recently upgraded my tank to a 55gal, my roommate got excited and picked up what I believe to be a prawn from a grocery store. My goldies are much larger than him so I figured it would be ok, but obviously not ):

He's since been removed from their tank and now my poor baby's tail is torn. Should I medicate his water? If so what with? Should I be worried about bacteria? What should I look out for?

I've had my two goldies for about 2 years with no complications, so (un)fortunately I'm not too educated on this sort of thing

submitted by /u/Elegant_Goat_7198
[link] [comments]

Goldfish are happy and healthy but does anyone have good diet suggestions?

Posted:

My daughter and I use a rotation system for their feedings. She is 3 and her 2 goldies live in her bedroom (lights off at night. Fish are not nightlights!!)

She knows not to touch the glass unless it's for kissing goodnight and I'm currently also teaching her beginners cooking and heat safety since our family is super into cullinary arts. Some nights we blanch peas on the stove, and we also give them soaked pellets (5 minute soak before feeding) and during the day they get dried worms as treats. We tried broccoli and spinach but they don't seem to care for those. We also clean the tank and monitor the water conditions together. I hope she looks back on these memories fondly one day as I do with my folks.

I'd love to put more options in their diet because the fish are her family too. We have no other pets and she hasn't started school yet so they are basically some of her best friends. Any suggestions?

May I also add I don't mind any prep that it takes. I love caring for these aqua babies and so does my little girl. We love them very much!

Edit: the bit was extremely helpful and gave me some good ideas! Thanks bot!!

In that case does anyone have any cool recipes?

submitted by /u/hii-bo
[link] [comments]

Looking for advice

Posted:

Hi, I have a goldie called expresso who is a big fish. I'm wondering if I would giving him a better life in my dad's pond with all his goldies or keeping him in a tank. He keeps growing.

Is a big tank or a big pond better?

Thank you

submitted by /u/MumaWitch
[link] [comments]

Request: best siphon to clean sand bottom tanks

Posted:

The tank is a 55-gallon with three Ranchus and a black sand bottom. I chose the sand because this subreddit recommended it over gravel.

I have a gravel vacuum with a hand pump attachment to start the siphon (I believe it is this Top Fin vacuum for 29-55 gallons), which works extremely well on my 20-gallon gravel bottom tropical tank. The problem with my goldfish tank is that the sand seems to attach itself to the fish waste almost like magnetic filings, and weighs the waste down, making it difficult for the vacuum to suck it up because it's too heavy. Meanwhile, if I'm not careful I'm sucking up loose sand.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/artemisia_poppycock
[link] [comments]

Goldfish gasping?

Posted:

I got a couple goldfish the other day, and set up their tank with a plant. They're not at the top gasping for air, but their mouths are going CONSTANTLY. Is this something I should be worried about? Is this because it's a new tank (new bacteria needing to grow/they're stressed from the moving)? What are things I should look for in regards to what you think could be wrong for further clues as to how to fix it? I'm going to change their water tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's not lack of oxygen? The one fish was gasping at the top on day one (they're store-bought and one died the first day so I replaced it) but neither of the two current fish have had any issues since. They're just swimming around gasping in the middle/bottom of the tank. I know they're just 19c goldfish, but I would really like to make sure they're happy and healthy. I'm planning on getting a bigger tank once I move later on in the summer and getting more fish.

submitted by /u/mesunflower1997
[link] [comments]

Is there any reason I couldn’t put some rocks in the bottom of this unused nursery pot and lay it on it’s side for my oranda to hide in? He’s been having swim bladder problems and keeps trying to wedge himself places so I figured giving him a safe space would be best. He’s 5 inches

Posted:

Having trouble determining what this is

Posted:

My shubunkin got white spot out of the blue!

Posted:

I have pictures of him from yesterday and not a single spot on him, today I was admiring him and he's covered around his fins and tail. He seems to be "Darting/Flashing" now too. Not sure how it came on so sudden, I rushed out to pet shop and bought White spot treatment and I also turned on the water heater and increased temps to try help flush it out but I think he might not make it :(

submitted by /u/seanboyd
[link] [comments]

What should I do?

Posted:

I currently have a goldfish that has tremendously outgrown her tank. my house does not have enough room for a bigger tank. my family recommended I give it to the local pet store, but I'm scared she will end up in a bowl. what should I do? thank you in advance for any suggestions!

submitted by /u/yeetEcraft
[link] [comments]

Noodle loves Elodea

Posted:

Noodle is our first fish - a common goldfish, about 4 -5 months old now. He's had a few plastic decorative plants thus far, but we recently added a couple of elodea.

He gets fed a pinch of food twice a day, but has munched so much of the plants, his underbelly is tinged green ! He's an enthusiastic forager, seems to be a very happy fish - and we dont mind if we have to replace the plant - but I'd like to be sure he's not over doing it.

Can we let him carry on ?

submitted by /u/doublejay1999
[link] [comments]

Tank is a work in progress but loving it coming together �� added the live rock this morning

Posted:

Goldfish’s head scales are popping

Posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1k8uEbi

Not able to figure out whats causing this. Parameters are in check Other goldfish is doing fine

Sick goldfish is eating just fine

How do i treat this?

submitted by /u/SnorkelHouse
[link] [comments]

Will a bigger (3+ year old) goldfish who's lived alone his whole life get along with 1 or 2 new, young goldfish introduced?

Posted:

I'm taking over his care and firstly getting him a much larger tank. I'm also thinking I want him to have company but am worried about how he will react to another fish entering his space/life. Do you suggest I leave him alone or do you think it will be okay?

submitted by /u/SkillerManjaro
[link] [comments]

I'm trying to figure out how long food will last for when I get my fish, everybody just says feed as much as they'll eat in 5 minutes. But that doesn't really tell me how long say a 7oz bag of saki hikari will last.

Posted:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.