Goldfish - Aquariums - Carpland and Phil joined Moorice the other day. So happy the stress of moving fish from state to state is over!


Carpland and Phil joined Moorice the other day. So happy the stress of moving fish from state to state is over!

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:23 PM PDT

My little man... came to me a bit of a mess, had to fight off both ich AND fin rot but now a month later he’s looking much happier and the tears in his tail are even healing. I’m such a proud mother

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:04 AM PDT

Should i buy a friend for this good boy?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:30 PM PDT

My presence influences their behaviour, so sometimes I watch my fish through the window.

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:28 PM PDT

Unlikely friends :) george was very close to "kissing" my cats nose a couple seconds before that, but i wasnt able to open the camera on time

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:31 AM PDT

Hey guys algae wafer!!!!!

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:07 PM PDT

#deep inked cow ranchu 8” jumbo ryukin 9”

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:56 AM PDT

Anyone is using Fluval 307? Where I should set it at for 29 gallon?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:32 AM PDT

Does my fish have fish have swim bladder?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:08 PM PDT

I've had this small fantail fish, Joe, for about a year now. I am not sure of his breed but he looks like a black moor (he has big eyes) but is mostly gold with black spots. As long as I can remember he has had issues with swimming odd or on swimming on his side a little.

He's recently gotten much worse and is now just sitting on the bottom of his tank on his side/upside down gasping for air. I think he's had constipation issues for ages and I normally feed him peas when he acts like this and that helps. Pea's haven't helped this time and neither has any other suggestions I tried from the internet.

Other things I tried;

1) Moving him to a hospital tank with a heater set to 24 C

2) Adding a little Epsom salt to the tank

3) Adding Interpret - Swim Bladder treatment+ (Currently on day 4/12 and dose 2/4)

4) Not feeding him for a few days and then giving him peas

I clean the tank by changing the water and cleaning the filter about once every 2 weeks. The tank is 64L with 2 other comet goldfish, one fantail fish(unsure of the breed as it does not have big eyes or a big head) and 3 snails. There's no sharp decorations or new fish. I use an interpret Internal filter ( I think a PF2) and have lots of real plants and gravel substrate. No other fish have problems and I feed them a mixture of dried fish flakes, peas, and bloodworm/brine shrimp. I don't know exact Water Quality numbers but I use tetra 6 in 1 test strips and all parameters on there were in the OK range.

I'd really appreciate any help to save this guy, short of building him a wheel chair I don't know what left to do.

submitted by /u/redeyeben
[link] [comments]

Emergency help

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:48 PM PDT

I was water changing my new goldfish tank and one of my babies got stuck in the syphon tubing. (Normally I would put a big sponge on the end to prevent this however I was foolish and trusted the manufacturers promise that the built in grate would keep my precious babies safe.

The poor guy got sucked up and caught on the grate, I turned off the water the second I caught it. When I was able to get the poor guy back out he was bleeding from his Gill almost like it had been sucked out of his body.

I put him in a bucket (5 gallon) with an air stone, some aquarium Salt and, a 1 ml of melefix! (I know the directions said I should use more but I'm being cautions. I don't want to do more harm to the little guy.

Is there anything else I can do to help him. He's swimming around just fine in the bucket right now.

I'll link pictures if necessary.

submitted by /u/foxwings1
[link] [comments]

Goldfish Illness Advice

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:17 PM PDT

Hello, first time posting. I feel like I've run out of options and would love some opinions. Context: I have a 65g with two gold fish (one black moore and one white telescope) I noticed my white gal had some ammonia burns and I immediately transferred her to a quarantine tank and did a big ol water change for my main tank (and have been maintaining doing so—I checked my parameters using a test kit and they looked fine ( 7.6 ph, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and 0 nitrate, all ppm btw!). Even so I have a pretty strict schedule of doing water changes every two weeks for my main tank.

I've been treating my fish in the qt tank with amoxicillin, aquarium salt and daily 50% water changes. Her status has not changed, her behavior has remained the same (lethargic, bottom sitting) but her tail has progressively gotten worse. Her appetite is still strong. Her breathing is very slow but she is light and movement reactive. My black Moore is 100% healthy which is why this is kinda confusing to me!

I'm starting to wonder if she has something else wrong with her besides ammonia poisoning. Her swimbladder seems to have been affected. Attached are pictures of her tail.

I would be grateful for any sort of advice anyone can give. I love my fishes and want to do everything I can for her. If I had any fish vets nearby I would have gone to them—unfortunately, even though I live in a pretty big city I have found it impossible to find any vets that treat fishes. Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/bqUqX0X

Edit: sorry also wanted to mention that I feel like the tail may have progressed to fin rot but I'm just not sure? It's fraying badly and the red streaking has not improved despite daily water changes and the meds for 5 days.

submitted by /u/Pinkapilllar
[link] [comments]

It was fine this morning and now I see it sucking pebbles swimming downward and flip upside down. I changed water and added PSB . what should I do?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:28 PM PDT

Day 4 of watching a commen goldfish egg develop under a microscope, unfortunately the egg died and the baby fish inside dude not have time to hatch, I have no more eggs so until the next time my goldfish spawn.

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:37 AM PDT

Should i salt my water

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:28 PM PDT

If yes, rock salt or sea salt

submitted by /u/Stabs-In-Shadows
[link] [comments]

I’ve finally done an upgrade with my tank (260 l). I want to thank all those people who helped me last time. Now I’ve new questions. It seems my Black Moor “likes” my Pearlscale Goldfish. I’m not an expert in breeding goldfish so I need help. How should I act? Can they make babies?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 12:15 PM PDT

Red mark on pearlscale?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:51 AM PDT

Harmful Alge Growth? I've never seen this yellow/black alge before. Parameters are fine in the tank!

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:49 AM PDT

what is this pinkish sore on my ryukins head??

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:31 AM PDT

What is wrong with his fins,helppp!!!

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 12:29 PM PDT

Trying to get good pictures of my two ranchu babies is impossible

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:47 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.