Goldfish - Aquariums - All of these babies were carnival/fair rescues! A good reminder of how big they can get! ��


All of these babies were carnival/fair rescues! A good reminder of how big they can get! ��

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:24 AM PDT

Looks happy!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:54 PM PDT

You need to hear how LOUD this dude eats. He's SO dramatic.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:46 PM PDT

Trouble Squad and their daily late afternoon sun soaking.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:57 PM PDT

Fish kith ��

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:04 AM PDT

Hope this picture of ping pong balls brightens up your day!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:26 PM PDT

From 20g quarantine to 40g home. You guys would not believe how much their colors changed in just a few hours!!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:34 PM PDT

I just wanted to share a photo of our pond. I have been working around the sides so a lot is still a work in progress. The pond is well established and some of the fish came from people whose fish outgrew their tank.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:07 AM PDT

Hugo is moving around now and then. We will get there!! Slowly but surely!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:48 AM PDT

Day one of watching a commen goldfish egg develop under a microscope!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:21 PM PDT

Newer to the hobby and have a few questions!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:42 PM PDT

When I say new to the hobby I mean I'm just getting into properly caring for my fish. I've had them for almost 2 years without giving them their best life. I'd just upgraded from a 6gal to a 55 gal for my ranchu and telescope and have since added a fantail. I just got my water testing kit my parameters were a ph of 6, ammonia of .25, nitrite of 0, and nitrate of 40. I know these are off so I was looking for advice to correct it

I'm also considering changing from gravel to sand just for looks and am also curious if that is a good/ bad idea. I have some plants, forgive me I can't remember their names, will sand hurt them?

submitted by /u/Elegant_Goat_7198
[link] [comments]

Black spots? Parameters are fine. But had a recent ick and fish lice outbreak. Is this part of the recovery? Black smudging also is seen under his chin

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:42 PM PDT

My first gold fish

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:34 PM PDT

Sick fish? I think I finally nailed a good treatment.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:28 PM PDT

I'm so fairly new and I've made a lot of mistakes, but one big mistake I've made was buying fish from questionable sources online and from a LFS. All these fish got cotton growth despite perfect parameters and I tried so many treatments, but ultimately lost them.

So here's what I learned and hopefully it will prevent any new owners or those adding to their tanks from going through what I went through. Assuming you have a cycled tank and a good test kit, this should help with any unexpected illness.

QUARANTINE YOUR NEW FISH. I can't say this loud enough. I've gotten lucky that all my new fish had their own dedicated tank, but you'll see why this is so important in a minute if you read far enough down. Any fish could look perfectly healthy even if carrying disease and the stress of bringing them home could reduce their immune system, allowing that disease to finally multiply. Always quarantine before adding the new ones to the community tank.

Do not cross contaminate your water change utensils! This is what screwed me. I have 5 tanks with fry and I used the same suction on all 5 after cleaning up my quarantine tank. Fish in quarantine looked fine at the time but then started showing signs of serious illness. A few days later, every single fry tank was sick. Dumb mistake, but an easy one to make.

Have meds on hand! Even my local Petco is constantly sold out of meds. Think ahead and stock up. They generally last 5 years, so it's a good investment.

And finally, the treatment plan that saved 3\4 of my 2 month fry. Salt at 1 tsp per gallon with non-iodized salt. Temp at 72. One full round of general cure (2 doses). 24 hours of rest with salt added based on my water changes and full doses of Melafix and Pimafix. Then Kanaplex to help with any residual bacterial infection. No more than 3 doses. Check and correct pH and ammonia daily.

My issue was gill and skin flukes with fin rot. It won't always be a parasite, but this is going to be my go to treatment any time I see cotton growth. I wasn't able to save the initial fish that brought the infection in, but my 5 tanks of babies are thriving now after treatment. If anyone with more experience wants to weigh in, please do!

tl;dr: go up two paragraphs. :)

submitted by /u/maxtastique
[link] [comments]

How long until Goldfish start swallowing pebbles?

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:37 PM PDT

Hey guys I have been trying to be a better common goldfish owner and have been researching as much as I can, and I keep finding things that I am doing wrong and correcting them but its a lot all at once. I got them a new tank as the smaller of the 2 began showing signs of stunted growth (only slightly smaller body size as the other fish but fins have not matured) I got them a 40B for the time being until they grow a bit more, but after reading the wiki page here I'm seeing that gravel is not a recommended substrate, but i just put in 50 pounds of it in my tank. Should I take it out immediately? Can I layer sand on top? My fish are between 3 and 4 inches and are constantly sucking on the pebbles.

submitted by /u/JunoDivided
[link] [comments]

I finally brought home my first two ever goldfish! This is Wonderbread and Pumpernickel <3

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:41 AM PDT

rehoming my goldfish

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:50 AM PDT

I won my goldfish Ferris at a carnival a few years ago and I absolutely love him to death. I joined this subreddit bc of him but I quickly realized I can't give him the care he needs. I just wanted to make this post as a kind of tribute to him bc I never imagined I'd be crying over a fish, and also as a thank you to you guys for helping me learn the right way to take care of a goldfish. I know that this is the right decision and that he'll be happier in a bigger tank with lots of friends (pls no hate, I can't afford a bigger tank than the one I have)

submitted by /u/thelastsara_
[link] [comments]

Goldfish chasing another, is this okay?

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:15 PM PDT

Swim bladder issues in my first ranchu!

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:35 PM PDT

So I got my very first ranchu goldfish about 5 days ago now from King Koi and Goldfish cause I heard good things about them. I noticed that my little guy was having some swim bladder problems however due to my own poor planning and a move I didn't have the ability to isolate him. Thankfully he's the only one effected.

I've tried peas, and salt however I'm not seeing any improvement.

Any ideas?

Ammonia is at 0 Nitrates are at 0 Nitrite is at 0.1 Tank size is 55 gallons I have 3 fancy goldfish in there (one oranda, one black more and the ranchu) Bare bottom no decor

submitted by /u/foxwings1
[link] [comments]

CO2 questions

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:46 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.