Crayfish My little cray did a molt 2 days ago and decided to move decoration around for change. He/ she came out with these beautiful colours. Can’t tell if it’s a male or female


My little cray did a molt 2 days ago and decided to move decoration around for change. He/ she came out with these beautiful colours. Can’t tell if it’s a male or female

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:58 AM PDT

Flight

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:23 PM PDT

Hello! I'm leaving for a flight in a couple weeks and I need to transport my crayfish! I have a carrying travel tank and have checked everything with TSA. I'm fine to fly but I was wondering: should I have water in the tank and risk it spilling everywhere with travel, or do I transport my crayfish without water for the 10 hour day? I don't want to kill her, but since they do surface, I was wondering if I could get away with a easier transport!

submitted by /u/Socklover8
[link] [comments]

Sex identification assistance requested

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

Hello r/crayfish friends!

I'm new to everything about crayfish keeping.

I've got an electric blue crayfish and I've had it about a month. The first molt happened a few days ago and everything went great with it.

My question is, is this a female like I've been assuming since I got her? I looked up several images online but I'm just not understanding 100% what the images are showing on the lighter colored body. Is the little blue spot in the center of the thorax (belly?) the spot the images online are pointing out on females?

I appreciate any and all help anyone provides. :)https://imgur.com/a/HBOOy7d/

submitted by /u/onyxmoosefly
[link] [comments]

Is this Male or Female? And any clue how old it may be? I’d say the body is about 3.5 inches from head to tail. Wild P Clarkii from Louisiana

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:29 PM PDT

Hi all. New to crayfish and hoping to get some advice. Just caught these crawfish at the creek and set up a 10 gallon tank for em. After a couple of hours they were locked up like this. Are they fighting? What should I do keep them safe? They both have a pvc pipe to hide in. Thanks!

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:56 AM PDT

Agnes molted Saturday night and hasn’t touched her shed exo. Is this normal and can I just remove it? I need to clean the gravel today.

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:28 AM PDT

Snails are a great food for crays! Couldn't figure out where all the ones in Craychel Cray's tank went until I saw her nomming one a while ago. Now I give her so many, it takes her a while to finish them. They eat the whole shell! Good source of calcium ��

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:48 PM PDT

Not even two weeks!

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:48 AM PDT

What should I do with my crayfish's babies?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:55 AM PDT

So my cray had around 50 fry back in February and since then I haven't been 100% sure of what to do with them. I put up an ad on Craigslist with no bites, I've been hesitant to give them back to the pet store I bought the mother from because when I got her she was a very dark brown, muddy color with hardly any blue. Now that she's with me she has her electric blue color so I'm hesitant to give them back to the same store since I assume the color meant she was unhappy/unhealthy. My third option was releasing them into a nearby stream or lake, but I've read that they're bad for the environment, but I also am not 100% of how they'd be bad for the environment exactly. Could someone explain this, please? Also, if anyone has knowledge of this sort of thing could they give their input and what my best option might be? Thank you!

(Ps, they're electric blue/ Florida dwarf crayfish and I live in New jersey.)

submitted by /u/torrecelestial
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.