Crayfish "Contact with the alien that feeds me has been initiated"


"Contact with the alien that feeds me has been initiated"

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 04:47 PM PDT

New guy!

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:53 PM PDT

I'm his personal jungle gym now, I think.

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:34 PM PDT

Felt that cute feet and mini claws ❤️❤️❤️

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 02:05 AM PDT

Scout is showing off after her 2nd molt since she’s arrived in my household!

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 09:29 AM PDT

Aggressive boi?

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 04:20 PM PDT

I just have a common run-of-the-mill crayfish that I got from a pet store, idk his/her actual species. He was supposed to be the tank cleaner for two of the cichlids he was homed with at the store, and within a week he'd killed and started eating on both. Pretty sure it was because there is a large central decoration that he/she got immediately territorial about and was probably just defending the property. Sad loss, but over it.

I've had it since October, it's molted twice since then and is now double the size from when I first got it. I have noticed however that he has been more aggressive the bigger he gets, especially after this last molting. Is this normal? He charges the glass if you're close enough, aggressively chases the scrubby brush I use to knock off alga, and now follows his food bag if you move it around the tank.

It's pretty funny and entertaining but are these behaviors normal? Also how can I tell if it's a male or a female? It's arbitrarily a he named Larry for now

submitted by /u/cetty13
[link] [comments]

dwarf mexican crayfish requirements.

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:14 PM PDT

I was given a mini mexican crayfish today and I'm setting up a tank for him. There is a water filter in the tank and the tank is relatively small. Should I add an oxygen pump too?

submitted by /u/TheEasternBlueBird
[link] [comments]

Small Tank -- suggestions?

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 09:35 PM PDT

Hi all! I'm about to tank a small tank (2.5gal) off a friend's hands, and I've really been struggling to fill it! I tried over at r/aquariums but it really seems there's just no fish small enough for that tank. So, I was wondering:

Are there any crayfish small enough to be happy with a tank this size? I was hoping the Mexican Dwarf Crayfish, but it seems their minimum is around 5 gallons :(

submitted by /u/chloen0va
[link] [comments]

What is viv my crayfish doing?

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 12:11 PM PDT

She was laying on her right side (in the open not hiding), and her left side was swaying back and forth like usual. It looked to me like her right side was giving up but i touched her with my forceps and she and she started to walk around aging. I have since taken her out to clean and rearrange the tank and she seems to be doing fine she chased my fish around and killed 1 of 3 and the other 2 later succumbed to ther Injuries. Just a weird behavior?

submitted by /u/perrythiplatypus
[link] [comments]

So this little Fella here had a Fight with another Crayfish and lost an eye. Now he’s regrowing what seems to be an antenna instead?

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 04:53 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.