Axolotl - Aquariums - My axolotls petting each other (water's not dirty, wall makes it look like that)


My axolotls petting each other (water's not dirty, wall makes it look like that)

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 08:23 AM PDT

Have my lady Hiccup.

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:55 PM PDT

Babies are starting to recognize me as their food source and are starting to poke their little heads at me when it’s worm time ��

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 07:20 PM PDT

Meet Aristotle!

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:23 AM PDT

at what age will i be able to tell my axolotl’s gender? this is carrot, recently she/he has been looking a little thicker so i want to assume she is female, but maybe i’m just over feeding her..? she’s only about 5 months old so what does everyone think? (this photo is about a month old)

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 06:03 AM PDT

Having a staring contest, pretty sure I'm winning ��

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 11:42 PM PDT

Petting Axolotls: Opinions?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 04:14 AM PDT

Shhh, don't judge... am comfe

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 04:30 PM PDT

Where do you buy worms?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 08:46 AM PDT

Hello! I plan to get an axolotl in the fall (after my move and I set up and fully cycle a tank) and I'm doing research to prepare. Where do you buy black worms and nightcrawlers? Are the worms from bait and tackle stores safe for axies? Are there affordable online sellers? Do local pet stores carry them? I'm in the NYC area if anyone is local and has specific advice. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Plantspetsandsnacks
[link] [comments]

Nova is quite photogenic ��

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 01:44 AM PDT

Adopted this axie about 2 weeks ago, we were told that she’s 1 years old. Her gills look really undeveloped? Is this normal?

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 03:35 AM PDT

Thinking about getting an axolotl

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 09:01 AM PDT

Hi everyone, I've been thinking about getting an axolotl but I'm not sure where to start. What are some of the basic care requirements, and can axolotls live in a tank with live plants? All help is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Dank_Toastey
[link] [comments]

New here!

Posted: 04 Apr 2021 07:40 AM PDT

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found a community for axoltols! I've had axoltols for a few years now and we currently have our first "litter" of babies! The babies are really small still, but when they're bigger, does anyone have any suggestions for finding them new homes?! I'm in Oregon and there's only a handful of fish stores here and I'm not sure they'll take any of them.

submitted by /u/Plant-Heavy
[link] [comments]

When you, a toddler, are in your playpen and hear mum open a pack of choccy bikkies.

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 07:57 AM PDT

Question about sand substrate

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 10:55 PM PDT

I'm thinking of using sand substrate and I'm having trouble finding what to use, was wondering if anyone from Australia who uses sand could tell me what they use and where I can get it.

Thanks 🙂

submitted by /u/Enaatisha
[link] [comments]

Axolotl seems restless? No ammonia or changes to the tank. I dosed with prime to be safe, but the behavior hasn’t stopped. Any ideas?

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 10:54 AM PDT

Uhh...My best friend came over, and i think Cooper is trying to seduce her!

Posted: 02 Apr 2021 06:16 PM PDT

Do you feed ghost shrimp if you keep them in a tank with Axolotls?

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 01:51 PM PDT

I'm getting my first pair of Axolotls soon and I've read ghost shrimp are about the only things you can keep in the tank with them. I am very interested in getting some. They'll help keep the algae low and also provide some interest to my tank. The axos im getting are 6 months old. I'll be feeding my Axos freeze dried bloodworms and brine shrimp. Now all the reading I find about ghost shrimp mentions that they just eat the leftover fish flakes/pellets and algae, and you only need to add algae wafers if it's a shrimp only tank. Since I won't have any fish, what would you recommend I feed the ghost shrimp if anything? I really don't have enough algae going on in my tank, that I can see, (even though I've cycled my tank with some minnows which I'll be getting rid of). I'm also afraid that if I drop algae wafers in, my axos might eat it them instead.

submitted by /u/TabooTapeworm
[link] [comments]

BB axo

Posted: 02 Apr 2021 09:01 PM PDT

New Axie owner! Name suggestions please!!

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:09 PM PDT

Tank Cycling!

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 05:08 PM PDT

Hi all! (I don't have my axo in the tank yet, he'll get delivered after it's cycled)

So I've been cycling my tank for about 3 and a half weeks so far, and am looking for some tips. I still haven't seen any sign of Nitrites.

I filled and set the tank up, and treated with Prime.

Then I added a heater to boost temps during the cycle and dosed pure ammonia to get a reading using API Master test kit to read between 2-4ppm. Then I completed the instructions on Seachem Stability for 7 days (then at the suggestion of a breeder, continued to add Stability until the bottle was empty, which was a few more days). I've been checking daily, and ammonia is stable, not dropping. No nitrites. Ph about 8.2, water temp about 79-80.

Any suggestions on what else I can do or if this is a typical timeline? Thanks in advance!!

submitted by /u/axanonymoose
[link] [comments]

thought you guys might enjoy some of my cute axolotls ive been making!! these are for sale if anyone wants one :)

Posted: 02 Apr 2021 10:11 AM PDT

axo poop as plant nutrients: ELI5

Posted: 03 Apr 2021 01:52 PM PDT

(for context see bottom of post)

many comments discourage the use of commercially available fertilizers with axos for various reasons, one of which is "their poop should be more than enough!"

I assumed that the practice of myself and many others was to spot clean whenever our progeny has graced us. Is the inference above that people are leaving some, or all of their poops in the tank (provided the levels remain within good parameters) where they stand

OR

is the poop being transported to the plant, and injected/buried into the substrate?

OR

I honestly have no idea please tell me I just want his plants to become lush and healthy like him!! More places to hide and hang out

context: I have a fully cycled tank with a 7 inch albino, two tiny guppies and 2-5 (?) shrimp.

only the axo is manually fed (aside from almond leaves that I believe get munched on) and the rest take care of themselves.

water parameters are ph 7.6, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 5.

there are several hides/shady areas provided as refuge from grow lights for the following:

doing ok: -salvinia cucculata (sp) -rotala -java moss

"melting", turning translucent or otherwise visibly suffering: -vallisneria -unidentified leafy green stem plant (in planters w soil topped by sand and/or rock) -water lettuce

6-8 hours of strong light per day, sand substrate, EHEIM classic 150 filter.

submitted by /u/bugland
[link] [comments]

So my axie has had a fungal problem for a bit now. I was giving her salt baths daily and the fungus has seemed to decline, but today these sores developed. Is it symptoms of something much worse? If so, should I then take her to a vet? I'm in Canada so you can't get medications without prescription

Posted: 02 Apr 2021 10:13 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.