Axolotl - Aquariums - I rescued this big boy from someone locally : ( advice for a glow up appreciated


I rescued this big boy from someone locally : ( advice for a glow up appreciated

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:45 AM PDT

My handsome little blossom

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 12:20 PM PDT

On the roof of her new hide

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

Went to a nature reserve and was lucky to see axolotls on their natural habitat (Ambystoma velasci)

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 09:44 AM PDT

Then V.S. now, I got my axie a year ago today!!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 09:24 AM PDT

Got my first Axolotl, his Name is Richard and I love him more than anything.

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 05:24 PM PDT

Rosie, our research lab rescue axolotl

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:18 AM PDT

Breaking News! We've discovered a secret axolotl subspecies with pixel-based cells: The Pixolotls

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 09:56 AM PDT

Am Hide. No See.

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

Axolotl tank

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:18 AM PDT

So I'm planning to move my two lotls into a bigger tank, since they have outgrown their current one and I'm looking for some inspiration and advice! So if you could share any pictures of your tank or give some advice for moving them into a bigger tank (also any cycling tips to make it easier or faster) would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Ielevely
[link] [comments]

Axolotl not moving much

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 10:28 AM PDT

Good morning, I got my first lotl a couple of weeks ago and he doesn't really move around the tank much. He/she is about 3.5 inches long. Most of the time they just hang out on sand at the sides where I have some plants. Could it be current? I have them in a Fluval Flex 15 with its flow running through a chiller.. I can try to get some pics at home but water parameters: (Tank fully cycled.. am experienced in fresh water fish) 0 nitrate, nitrite and ammonia ph7 Tank at 63F on a chiller

submitted by /u/bean-sr
[link] [comments]

Extremely weird sick axolotl problem.

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:59 AM PDT

I have two adult female axolotls in a 30gallon tank. One of the females is doing extremely well, eating everyday and is very interactive.

The other female has been unable to stand up straight, always sits on the sand at an angle and recently I found her completely upside down on the sand, not floating but just upside down. I thought she died so I nudged her but it seems she just can't keep her balance and is almost 90% of the time sits on the sand at an angle.

She refuses all foods, even bloodworms.

The tank parameters are 0/0/10.

I feed them hikari carnivore pellets and earthworms.

What do I do? She is currently upside down under a hide. I have noticed her have balancing issues the moment she came back from the store. She is hardly active compared to my other axolotl and spends 90% of her day lying still. Could this just be a case of poor genetics?

submitted by /u/ricewinepapi69
[link] [comments]

Zilla loves his new tank ��

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 09:04 PM PDT

nitrates won't go down- please help

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 10:42 AM PDT

I am at the end of cycling my tank, if you look at my previous post you can see my parameters, i did an 80% water change (dosed ammonia everyday after about 1ppm per day ) and waited 3 days to test i got almost the exact same results except my nitrates were a little lower (maybe about 80ppm) i don't know what to do next...

submitted by /u/hannah_72
[link] [comments]

First time axolotl owner.

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 10:38 AM PDT

I've had my axolotl for over a year now and they have been great. I woke up this morning and noticed a bunch of eggs around my tank.

Any tips or suggestions? Especially if I do not plan to breed?

submitted by /u/Bulky_Elephant
[link] [comments]

What to put in Tank

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:46 AM PDT

I'm still considering getting an axolotl and I'm just wondering what some good decor for there tank is?

submitted by /u/Dank_Toastey
[link] [comments]

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” - Wayne Gretzky, Michael Scott, and Jet the Axolotl

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

Help with high ammonia

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:10 AM PDT

So recently my tank hit an 8 over night on the ammonia scale. I have tried detoxification bacteria and water changes 2 actually. My lotl while still small is being kept it a smaller temporary tank. This spike had literally happened overnight. Is there something I'm not doing right? Please help

submitted by /u/Perfect-Ad-6463
[link] [comments]

Switching tanks soon, need help/tips!

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 07:44 AM PDT

So I'm going to move my axolotl to a new tank for many reasons. I've got the one he's in completely set up, and Ive never done this before so I'm not sure where to even start to start switching things over. I know I have to cycle the new tank, but I've only got 2 weeks until he has to be moved. I was considering putting the sponge filter I've been using, straight into the new one to help it cycle, but if I put a brand new one in the old tank while he waits, won't the water get bad? Also will I have to buy a new air pump for the new tank? I've only got one and I don't think I can just bring it back and forth. I feel like these are all dumb questions but I want to do this the right way.

submitted by /u/Kae9700
[link] [comments]

Baby Axolotl Leg Damaged

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 06:29 AM PDT

My few month old baby axolotl has a damaged front leg. Looks to be broken, he doesn't use it just stays next to his body. What do you guys recommend?

submitted by /u/Low82C10
[link] [comments]

Will an axolotl get lonely if it is by itself in the tank?

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:37 AM PDT

Fungus

Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:34 AM PDT

Hi its Tom my axolotl Stumpy got fungus on one of his upper gill branches is gone we put him in a quarantine tub to get rid off the fungus and now his gill is missing

submitted by /u/Somerandombritishguy
[link] [comments]

Floofy gills vol 2. ��

Posted: 05 Apr 2021 04:05 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.