Aquatic Snails They might be small but these freshwater limpets are so cute. I’ve never got many good shots of their body because they always keep their shell so low. They’ve got quite the face!


They might be small but these freshwater limpets are so cute. I’ve never got many good shots of their body because they always keep their shell so low. They’ve got quite the face!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:09 AM PDT

Sub snail. Always buried.

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:14 AM PDT

Like mother, like daughter ❤️����❤️

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:29 PM PDT

i am invisible, no one can see me.

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:13 AM PDT

Need help asap! my snail fell from the tank and broke its shell. here is a video of the break. I moved it to a separate location, but don't know how to help it heal. what should I do? will it heal on its own

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:58 PM PDT

‘Pico’ bladder snail tank!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:28 AM PDT

Cuttlefish bone

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:03 PM PDT

Hello everyone I need some help I got some cuttlebone and through it in my tank and I can't get it to sink any help to get it to sink

submitted by /u/9dinoboy
[link] [comments]

Do snails take days off?

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:50 PM PDT

I've had a mystery snail for about a month. His name is Straasha, he's cute, and he usually bustles about his 2.5g tank. Yesterday, he was practically running laps around the tank, it seemed like. Then today, he's been sitting under my driftwood all day. Sometimes I could see he was totally in the shell with the operculum (?) closing him in. Later I looked and saw his face out, so that was good.

It doesn't seem out of the question for a snail to have a slow (ha) day, but I'm not sure he's ever had a day like this before. Being new to both tanks, and snails, I just want to make sure I'm not looking at a problem.

I've been feeding him zucchini and shrimp pellets, usually something every other day. The tank has plants and four red cherry shrimp (just got those last week).

submitted by /u/LazyCrocheter
[link] [comments]

Babies are coming along nicely!!!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

I'm Batman

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:18 AM PDT

Two mini yellow rabbit snails (tylomelania zemis) sharing a meal on some Java moss. These guys are breeding at a rate I’ve never seen before. I have plenty for same so DM me for any interest :)

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:22 AM PDT

Recently been fascinated with my nerite snail. Thought this was the best shot I've taken of it.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:45 PM PDT

Is epsom salt safe to use in an aquarium with a nerite snail?

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

new snail owner, need help? stress slime?

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:47 AM PDT

hello! long story short instead of getting pond snails which i've heard are more hardier, i've somehow accidentally gotten mystery snails and after looking them up i've realised how big they can actually get 😅 i have bought a big tank to set them up in and plant some plants but in the meantime i've set them up temporarily in a smaller enclosure with some plants in fresh spring water (no chlorine) until the bigger tank arrives. i've never owned any other snails before other than pond snails when i was younger and they pretty much survived anything, but i'm assuming mystery's are a bit more sensitive.

how do i give them the best possible life and keep them healthy and alive? they were delivered today and there are 4 and currently 3 have been moving around while one is still hiding in it's shell. one snail is sitting on top of the other and it kind of looks like mating? but it doesn't want to move off of the other one and i'm scared the one underneath might be stress sliming. is this just because they're stressed from the shipping and new environment? will it clear up once they are more settled?

also i have heard you can feed them cucumber/vegetables and they can eat egg shells for calcium, is this correct? do i just put crushed egg shells straight into the water? i really don't want to hurt them but need some advice on them and how to properly care for them. i'm willing to help them anyway i can. any help would be appreciated! :)

submitted by /u/jayDxzxx
[link] [comments]

Got this little guy for my anniversary a couple years ago. Their name is Waldo because we can never find them.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:06 PM PDT

Setting up a small tank

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:17 AM PDT

Hi I'm new here, I just bought two moss balls and I wanted to add a couple of snails and few shrimps, which are the easiest snails to keep? And what are the essential things, such as food or plants, to have? Thank you so much in advance☺️

submitted by /u/noem_i
[link] [comments]

I remember someone posted a snail with a weird spiky structure - I have one too!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:27 AM PDT

I have about 10 mixed size magenta snails for sale! 30$ shipped. Some are full breeding size & a couple are nickel size! Inbox for details!

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:23 AM PDT

Mystery snail can't decide whether she wants to stay alive or not

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:59 PM PDT

I posted in here semi-recently about her. For the past few weeks she has receded deep into her shell, ranging from a cm to an inch deep (!!) multiple times. I have been keeping her in a really big mesh breeder box for some time because her operculum is incredibly flimsy and has peeled off quite a bit, and the cherry shrimp pick at it. Whenever she recedes like that, pest snails and a couple shrimp always end up finding their way inside the mesh box and chewing at it again, making me think she's already dead and emitting a smell, but she isn't. Sometimes (after I chase them away) she comes out on her own after about a day and acts the same as before just a bit slower, other times I have to give her an air bath for a bit (not really, she's in shallow water, but it isn't heated) and that gets her active again for a while.

Food does not really lure her out, she eats if she wants to and doesn't if she doesn't. When she does eat though, she's just as ravenous as she was when smaller, she's just not as quick about it. She always "cheeseburgers" after eating now that she is older.

The parameters are fine and have been stable for quite some time, unfortunately the heater broke a few days ago overnight but I had another one I put in and temp is good again. I should vacuum up some debris in there but there isnt any ammonia and nitrates are really low.

She is over a year and a half old (I think 20 months???). I have never heard of or personally witnessed a snail go THAT far into their shell and ever come back out, so for her to have done that at least 8 times now over the course of a couple months (way more frequently the past couple weeks) is astonishing to me. I'm guessing she is at end of life but I'd really love if there are any suggestions on how to keep her comfortable until she does decide to go. The older she gets the more she seems to prefer warm water so the tank is at 78/79 right now.

submitted by /u/melancholicholic
[link] [comments]

Here is some scale reference for how small these giant towuti rabbit snails (tylomelania towutensis) are when they are born. This guy is munching on some Java moss :)

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:17 AM PDT

I was watching my buddy today, and I noticed that one of his antenna is shorter than the other. Is this normal?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:10 PM PDT

Possibly a hitchhiker, because I haven’t found any other eggs. Possible to ID this early? Any idea how old?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:46 AM PDT

Questions about mystery snails

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:56 AM PDT

Two of my snails have died recently, one clearly from a hole in the bottom part of its shell (the seperate section that covers the bottom of the snail when it's hidden away in its shell). My question is, is there a reason for this specific part of the shell being weakened? The rest of their shells were fine, in fact they showed a lot of strong regrowth especially around the base. but both of their bottom parts were weak.

I have been far stricter in monitoring my pH levels and I have always supplemented the snails with lots of food, and the water Column with calcium.

Any help would really be appreciated because I'm really trying to take the best care of these animals and I would hate for another to go this way.

submitted by /u/yozasupg
[link] [comments]

Wait, snails can float? Details in comments

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:39 AM PDT

What are those little creatures?

Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:22 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.