Aquatic Snails Can anyone ID this little hitchhiker? Didn’t know he lived here until today


Can anyone ID this little hitchhiker? Didn’t know he lived here until today

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:17 PM PDT

Golden Mystery Snail & friends

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:53 AM PDT

How long before you’d euthanize?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:35 PM PDT

Our lovely mystery was injured Friday evening (got stuck on the filter intake after the cap fell off). He's still alive but not eating. Pooping a bit of mucous. Clearly very exhausted and traumatized. He siphons heavily. Seems to need to use his siphon. Maybe his gills were injured. He doesn't move much but he's still alive. We think give him a week to recover. What would you do?

submitted by /u/Sad_Metal_4205
[link] [comments]

Found this dude in my plants, anyone know what kind of snail this is? Hopefully a mystery snail? I was looking to get one ��

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:50 PM PDT

Where did you get your little hitchhiked snail friends from?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:48 PM PDT

I was kind of curious where you got your little "pest" snail friends from. I got my pond snails and freshwater limpets from Aquarium coop on two separate orders. 😊 I was wondering if you had stories of where you got your little guys from?

submitted by /u/winnieham
[link] [comments]

Florence has hitchhikers

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:54 PM PDT

What the heck happened?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:00 PM PDT

I have a 20 gallon with a chill but curious betta, (previously) 9 snails, and 2 baby shrimps I just added today. 2 of my mystery snails died yesterday. One somehow had all of its flesh yanked out of its shell and held to the filter grate (which I've seen the others climb directly on with no issues) The other one just had its trapdoor pushed in and was stationary and when I pulled him out he smelled awful. My betta has only flavored at me once, and I doubt he's killing them because he has plenty of space and proper care and no prior issues with this. Also, half of these snails were added about 2 weeks ago, so I don't know why he would decide to maim them so suddenly. Any advice to prevent future deaths is helpful

submitted by /u/Edgy_and_tired
[link] [comments]

This is such a minute amount of copper, it surely can’t be harmful to mystery snails, right? Been using this for months with no issues.

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:00 PM PDT

My newly acquired “blue” mystery snail - Blue Boy - enjoying some cucumber

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:18 AM PDT

Cleaning wild caught trapdoor snails?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:51 PM PDT

Is there any way to get rid of the parasites/diseases on wild trapdoor snails so that they could be introduced to an established aquarium?

submitted by /u/SNAKES_ON_A_PLATE
[link] [comments]

Is my nerite dead? He’s been motionless like this for over 24 hours but doesn’t smell like anything which I heard is usually how to tell.

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:42 AM PDT

Lol...one or two of the rams-horn snails exploded with babies...imagine how many more there are. This only a fraction of what’s visible�� they are riding around on the mystery snails like little hitch hikers

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:31 PM PDT

Anyone know what to feed this little guy?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:07 PM PDT

Anyone have any idea what snail this is? (it’s translucent)

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:31 PM PDT

Is this a regular Malaysian Trumpet Snail? I never added any Trumpet snails, so it must've came in as an egg on a plant.

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:45 PM PDT

Nomnomnom!! does anyone know if this snail is male or female?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:43 PM PDT

Water quality advice?

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:45 PM PDT

Hello! I am looking into adding a nerite to a planted tank. I currently use conditioned tap water in the tank. I know that copper is toxic to snails, but I can't find any information about what is usually recommended for a snail tank. Do you use tap water or RO water? Is there a particular level of copper that is okay, or is any tap water unsafe?

submitted by /u/OrchidRescueSquad
[link] [comments]

Snail Overcrowding

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:17 AM PDT

Critter Nation is a server for adults with its main focus of providing proper care and information as well as a wholesome plant and animal lover group.

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:18 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.