Aquatic Snails Blue "Blueberry" Ramshorn Snail


Blue "Blueberry" Ramshorn Snail

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:03 PM PDT

Can someone tell me what kind of snails these are? Sorry for photo quality, they are TINY.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:06 AM PDT

I've searched and searched for Spixi Snails and finally happened upon some this afternoon.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:27 PM PDT

Looks like these guys hitched a ride on the plants I put in my Walstad tank. What kind are they?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:52 PM PDT

My little buddy (mystery snail) got stuck on the filter I take. ��

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:21 PM PDT

It couldn't have been more than a couple of hours but I was looking for him and he was on the bottom of the intake. I have carbon wrapped around the sides but never thought the bottom would be dangerous as it doesn't spear to have any holes. As soon as I noticed I unplugged the filter. He was completely in his shell which he never does. He immediately dropped and a shrimp came and went at him so I grabbed him with tongs and moved him to the front of the tank. Still completely inside his shell. I haven't seen him do that since we got him. So I flipped him over and he fell partially out of his shell and didn't move. We watched him for about 15 minutes. Just hanging out. No movement. That's when the uncontrollable crying started. I wanted to make sure though so I scooped a bowl full of water out and grabbed him with tongs. At that point he closed his operculum again but I thought maybe it was just a nervous system reaction. I told my bf we are leaving him in the bowl overnight just to be certain. When I put him in the bowl he just fell out of his shell again. No movement. Still crying. After about 30 minutes I saw one antennae moving very slowly and I wasn't sure it was even voluntary. I kept watching and about 10 minutes later he started trying to turn himself over!!! He is now stuck to the side of the bowl. Still moving incredibly slowly but he's definitely alive. We will keep a very close eye tonight and if he's still moving in the morning I think it's best to keep him in a separate tank until he recovers? Fingers crossed he will be ok.

submitted by /u/Sad_Metal_4205
[link] [comments]

[QUESTION] Is this okay for snails?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:50 PM PDT

New Babies!

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:36 PM PDT

My snails being awesome on a stick

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:33 PM PDT

It seens he has problems forming its periostracum. What could be the cause? Details in the comments

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:17 AM PDT

My big mama mystery Butter checking in on her snildren

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

Stow away snail. Had to have come in on some new plants. It’s next to a aquatic plant container for scale. Itty bitty little thing.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:47 PM PDT

Looking for snails

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:34 AM PDT

So I've always had mostly aquatic snails but lately I've been thinking of getting a different snail. Preferably a bigger specie who doesn't stay primarily in the water. Any suggestions? Does anybody have any for sale? I live in Massachusetts USA. I would love to create an amazing terrarium/space for my new buddy(ies). What temperatures do they like? What would they need for food and climate? I only have 3 nerite snails and they are easy to care for. Now onto making my home a little bigger....lol. ☺️🐌

submitted by /u/Miss_Vivian_Rose
[link] [comments]

Finest Aquatics Display Tank - Hardscape Setup

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:05 PM PDT

How many mystery snails can cohabitate with a betta?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

I have a make betta in a 5-gallon tank. He has one tank mate, a mystery snail.

They've cohabitated great. The snail doesn't bother him, and he doesn't bother the snail.

Is a 5-gallon tank too small to add another snail? I'd love to get an additional one, but don't want to overwhelm the space or either creature.

submitted by /u/scarlettfervor
[link] [comments]

Lowering Ramshorn Population

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:12 AM PDT

Awhile back some ramshorns popped up in my 10 gallon community tank. I was going to pick up an assassin snail to help with the population. Do the assassins eat the snails, so I won't have any ammonia spikes from dead snails? I'm pretty sure that's how it works lol I just would like to be prepared :)

submitted by /u/gabbysaxie
[link] [comments]

Clutch didn't hatch?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:34 AM PDT

At what point do I give up on it? It's been about 5 weeks since I found it; had one or two hatchlings but never the mass hatching I expected--should I leave it a bit longer or get rid of it? I left the clutch on the glass above the waterline. Fairly humid spot, and misted it every day.

submitted by /u/jammedstaples
[link] [comments]

Can anyone help identify this on my rabbit snail? See the post below.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:05 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.