Aquatic Koi Some of the fish competing for a place at the 12th Chiba Koi Show at Tani Fish Farm.


Some of the fish competing for a place at the 12th Chiba Koi Show at Tani Fish Farm.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:44 PM PDT

Couldnt resist taking this one home

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:44 AM PDT

Hopefully Getting Koi Today

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:34 AM PDT

New here. Inherited a Koi pond back in November. The previous owners took everything out koi, plants, and all and now that the weather is warming up, I'm finally getting around to populating it. Going to a local place near me today to find some Koi and water plants. just figured I'd ask if there's any advice on what to get or how to get everything acclimated together into the pond so we have the best chances of success

submitted by /u/chemaster36
[link] [comments]

Please help, my favorite koi has some type of disease

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:38 PM PDT

Here are the pictures. We have about 20 koi fish in a large pond in our backyard and this guy, my favorite has this disease on him. Please help me to identify it and help on what to do. We just isolated him. He is acting sick. Imgur Imgur

submitted by /u/lambchopscout
[link] [comments]

Need advice on my pond planning

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:17 PM PDT

So I inherited a pond with a house I bought and I'm going to fix it up and get it in working order again but I have a few questions that my research uncovered I want to get right.

The pond is about 1800 Gallons, I was planning on making a bog filter at the back replacing the existing waterfall which is just a huge pile of rocks with a Wooden box with a liner and about a foot of gravel and some plants etc according to some guides I saw online.

On the opposite end of the pond I was going to install a savio 16" skimmer. I have pine trees over the pond and a big shade sail but the pond still gets needles all in it. Will the surface skimmer catch the needles or do they sink to the bottom and become a problem there?

The bottom of the pond has a lower 2 foot deeper area that collects dirt and stuff. How can I get dirt and debris out of this lower area? I have a plant ledge with Soil that has horsetail reeds / some sort of tall grass in it and sometimes the dirt gets washed away into the bottom of the pond over time. I have seen a retro bottom drain but will it even pump pine needles and dirt out of the bottom of the pond? Should I just scoop it out every month or so?

And finally will this be enough Filtration to place 4 Koi into? I read it was 250G per Koi so i wanted to play it safe. The water would get sucked into the skimmer, the pump at the bottom would pump it into the bog filter and the bog would have a waterfall to return and aerate the water. Where would i need a UV light in this setup if at all? If i did get a bottom pump, where would i pump that into?

submitted by /u/DerfQT
[link] [comments]

Does anyone know what type of koi this is? My dad just brought him home from an aquarium store and forgot to jot down the species name.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:34 PM PDT

First thing you think when somebody says “I want my koi inside” is to suggest an indoor tank or pond- right? Yeah here’s the issue I’m having..

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:17 PM PDT

TLDR- I want my koi inside but I don't think the floor can support the size tank I need.

Long story short I have 3 koi fish. They're still very little so I have them in a 30 gallon tank and it fits them nicely for the time being. Problem is- I want a 300+ gallon aquarium. Now it doesn't seem like an issue at first until I say that I'm going to be moving into an apartment soon and might be on the second story of a house. I did the math and 300 gallons of water is roughly 2,500 pounds. I'm not sure that the floor can support 2,500 pounds of water all in one spot. Maybe if it was spread out over a large surface area but definitely not a condensed tank. I don't want to leave my fish behind or give them away- as I really love these fish. I thought about even getting one of those really sturdy kiddie pools but those don't even hold enough water- let alone the issues with breaking and tearing and the material not being safe potentially. I can't put them outside because we have issues with stray animals where I live, especially cats. Also the kids around where I live would literally kill the fish for "shits and giggles" I don't live in a great area tbh. Any and all suggestions will help. If you've had the same issue, let me know how you solved it. Thank you for reading

submitted by /u/ThrowAway10101919
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.