Aquatic Koi Playing in the sun


Playing in the sun

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:26 PM PDT

Help Please! I've had this koi in my family for over 20 years. She's been ignoring her food which she normally gobbles up and has been floating in one spot instead of swimming around. I noticed these white patches on her head. If there is anyone who can help me save her I'd appreciate it greatly.

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:01 PM PDT

Koi love their Corgi brother

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:55 AM PDT

FYI. An old frame for realtors signs with some spring clamps and zipties makes a great adjustable hose station for rinsing.

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:19 AM PDT

Should I convert my pool into a Koi pond?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:10 PM PDT

We have a large pool that has been habitually dirty for years, ans we NEVER use it. Literally haven't used it in probably 3-6 years. Has anyone else converted their pool into a koi pond and would suggest doing it? Thank you for your help in advance ❤️

submitted by /u/lucygucyapplejuicey
[link] [comments]

Please advise, my friend is buying a home with this pond, what should he do with these?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

Water change question

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:58 AM PDT

I've got a 26,000 gallon pond. Everything I read suggest 25-50% water changes on a routine basis.

I've a large planted area, an expanded shale floor where water is filtered through, a UV sterilizer, and use microblift, barley extract and a sludge remover.

My fish seems healthy and happy.

If my water quality is "good" or close to "ideal" are the water changes necessary?

Edit: p.s. thanks everyone. I've only changed water once in the 5 years I've had the pond. It's not something that I ever wanted to do, I just felt slightly bad for not doing it as frequently as it's recommended. Thanks for confirming my thought.

submitted by /u/anti-jay
[link] [comments]

“armored scale” vs Doitsu

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

Is armored scale a specific breed, or is it a type of doitsu? I can't find any clear definitions, so I'm guessing that "armored scale" is more of a marketing term.

I tried to search the sub for information; forgive me if this has been discussed before.

submitted by /u/anti-jay
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to add a pleco to my Michigan koi pond?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:02 AM PDT

We have a 1200 gal. Pond with 4 koi. The koi winter over in the pond. I was wondering if it was possible for the pleco to stay with the koi over the winter. If not does any one know of a similar fish that could survive with the koi?

submitted by /u/doryenas
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.