Aquatic Koi my fish today


my fish today

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:17 AM PDT

HELP! What do I have? Species?

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:29 PM PDT

Cruising

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:27 AM PDT

Trapa Natans (water chestnut) is it safe for koi?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:02 AM PDT

I have a pond that needs some more floating shade and I've bought some of these floating plants. However I can't see anywhere where it says pond safe. I don't want my koi to eat them and die.

https://plantsforponds.co.uk/products/water-chestnut-trapa-natans

Does anyone have any insight?

submitted by /u/Cockwombles
[link] [comments]

Still getting the pond cleaned up but the fish are happy it’s springtime here in MI. Got these under water shots using GoPro(more in comments)

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:24 AM PDT

Koi started hanging out under planter

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:32 PM PDT

I put a bag planter suspended partially in the water in the corner of my above ground pond. My oldest and largest koi started hanging out under it instead of in the koi cave, and he normally swims all around the pond. He keeps his head pointed toward the planter bag. Water parameters are all normal. I have 3 new fry and they hide underneath a floating planter at the opposite end, which is expected, but I'm not used to my big koi doing this. He is eating and will "make a round" around the pond but goes back to this spot now. Should I be concerned?

submitted by /u/filmreddit13
[link] [comments]

my update

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:15 AM PDT

Can't keep nitrites down. All other levels within acceptable tolerance.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:54 AM PDT

Title mostly describes the situation. I straight up can't keep the nitrites in my pond down. It's a ~3500 gal pond. Right now my levels are:

7.6ph < .25 ppm ammonia < 5 ppm nitrate

However, my nitrites are 2-5ppm. I've done multiple water changes (I did 10% on Friday and 20% yesterday) and now I'm afraid I'm going to start losing koi. I've got one who's pineconing. I've tried everything to reduce it, including cleaning the entire bottom of the pond (2 weeks ago).

It's been like this for 4 weeks now. I've added salt to alleviate the effects to the fish, but nothing I'm doing is bringing the nitrites down. I've also checked the filter(s) and they're not gunked up or anything.

I've also been dumping beneficial bacteria in the pond for the same 4 weeks (microbe lift pbl) but the nitrites remain elevated.

Anyone know wtf is going on and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/Darthfuzzy
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.