Aquatic Koi Is this ich? Tiny white dots on Aeros (top) face and edges of fins. If so, what treatment will do the trick?


Is this ich? Tiny white dots on Aeros (top) face and edges of fins. If so, what treatment will do the trick?

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:16 PM PDT

More friendly

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:34 PM PDT

I have 2 koi fish they used to almost eat out of my hands but after I removed them to clean out my pond a couple weeks ago I cannot get within 3 feet of the pond with out them scrambling to hide in their cave they won't come out to eat even. How do I tame them again?

submitted by /u/Snakes_for_life
[link] [comments]

Building a 3000-4000 gallon Koi pond need filter advice.

Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:30 AM PDT

Long story short, we moved into a house with a 50 gallon plastic pond with 5 Koi fish. I have always wanted a Koi pond and I want to do right by these fish.
I am going to dig a pond in the coming weeks.

I am looking into filters and it seems there are more varieties of filters than there are fish (an obvious exaggeration) and I am a little overwhelmed. I keep reading how important a bottom drain is but frankly I am nervous putting holes in a liner. I have TERRIBLE luck. If there is a fail point, it will fail. Every time.
I am planning to do one anyways but I am looking for alternatives.

I really like the idea of the Oase Biotec Screen fitlers, though I am nervous about all the moving parts. They seem to imply that you could use just that filter with a pump at the bottom and a UV light attachment and be good to go. Has anyone done this? They claim their pumps can handle solid waste up to 3/8ths of 1 inch in size. Could I hypothetically put that pump at the bottom of the pond and not need a bottom drain? Has anyone used these filter with success?

If you were building a 3000-4000 gallon in ground/liner pond today, what filter system would you use?

submitted by /u/firemandan666
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.