Goldfish - Aquariums - My Bedroom Goldfish Pond Tank (Setup info in comments!)


My Bedroom Goldfish Pond Tank (Setup info in comments!)

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:41 PM PDT

Pumpkin and Goblin. I got them back in October and they are doing well :)

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:03 PM PDT

Sun bathing after some algae cleanup

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 12:21 PM PDT

Hugo got his new logs today! Seems very interested!!! So exciting! Lol

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:40 AM PDT

They saw the shrimp...then realized I had my phone out XD

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:12 PM PDT

Traumatic morning for lil dude. More in comments

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:23 AM PDT

PSA: What to do if your fish enters your siphon!

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:44 AM PDT

(Not intending to call anyone out because I've seen a bunch of these posts before, just thinking this might be helpful for folks to see!)

If your fish swims up or gets sucked into your siphon, immediately pinch the tube as hard as possible to stop/reduce the flow.

Important - keep the siphon submerged! Once the flow has stopped/been reduced to the point where your fish isn't stuck - breathe. You have time now. Gently shake and encourage them out.

If you pull the siphon out of the water with the fish in it, you're going to create a vacuum for a few seconds that has a high chance of damaging your fish.

Tldr - keep the siphon submerged but stop the flow of water.

submitted by /u/Squeekzz
[link] [comments]

Breeding goldfish

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:53 PM PDT

I naturally had my goldfish spawn. I had a female lionhead and male oranda. I am pretty new to goldfish. Does anyone know what my goldfish will look like or what breed they will be. I have heard of a hybrid of an oranda and lionhead.

submitted by /u/StrangerExpert2879
[link] [comments]

can fish who have been together a while still bully eachother?

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:36 PM PDT

ive noticed recently that the larger of my two ryukins is pushing and bothering the smaller around a LOT. they have been in the same tank with no problems for about two years, could this be the larger one attempting to mate, or should i be concerned about bullying?

submitted by /u/Headfirstforhaloss
[link] [comments]

Keep safe everyone #lockdown #goldfish #petconnection

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:01 AM PDT

Oranda Goldfish has clamped fins, is sitting at bottom, swimming erratically and flashing

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:22 PM PDT

Hi everyone, I got an Oranda goldfish about a week ago who has been really active and doing well in my 75 gallon tank (has been established for 8 months) for a week now. About a day ago he suddenly began flashing and swimming erratically. He was fine up until today, this morning when I fed him he was still really hungry and active. Now he's been sitting at the bottom of the tank with his fins clamped or just floating with almost no movement, and doesn't eat.

From some youtube videos of other people's goldfish that had the erratic swimming/flashing behavior, it seems like it could be flukes. I bought Prazipro that's going to arrive tomorrow morning but am wondering if I should just use some API General Cure now in case he gets way worse overnight. Does anyone have experience with these kinds of symptoms?

I did do a 50% water change yesterday because my ammonia looked like it was around 0.25 ppm. I'm not sure what would have caused this besides starting them on a Repashy Soilent Green diet a day ago and maybe they are pooping a lot more and/or left bits of it to rot in the tank.

I attached a video of him when he's not just hiding and sitting, he just kind of floats and seems off.

Here are my tank parameters:

Nitrates - 5 ppm (was 5-10 ppm before water change)

Ammonia - 0

Nitrites - 0

ph - 6.4

Temperature - 68 degrees F

All parameters were the same before the water change as well, for over a week, besides the sudden ammonia spike yesterday.

All the other fish in the tank are happy and very active. He's the only one that's been acting lethargic. Could this be ammonia poisoning? Or constipation from eating a new diet (switched from flakes to pellets/gel food)? The other goldfish, 2 dojo loaches, and 2 bn plecos are very active and look healthy. I did see the other goldfish flash once yesterday though, but he has no other symptoms. Would you dose with General Cure or Prazipro or something else completely?

https://reddit.com/link/mev7tr/video/d936dgw9epp61/player

submitted by /u/nietszches
[link] [comments]

Female goldfish producing white clouds?

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:56 PM PDT

My female goldfish keeps releasing what looks like milt. It is a white, cloudy substance. I am baffled.

submitted by /u/bumblebeebooty
[link] [comments]

How to best move my goldfish?

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:31 PM PDT

My daughter won some fish at the local fair and we've had them about a month now, they seem to be doing well and we have a dojo loach and albino bristlenose pleco in there as well. Due to unforseen circumstances (landlord decided to up our rent $100/a month when it was time to re-sign the rental agreement) we will be temporarily moving into my MIL's house, it is approximately a 15 minute drive. The goldfish are about 2 inches long and the loach is about 3, the pleco is very smol... Anyway, what is the best way to move everyone? My friend mentioned I can put them in ziplock bags for the journey? Should I keep some of the original tank water? Any tips are appreciated! Edit to add: it's a 20 gallon tank with a filter that is being cleaned weekly. I've been using the water treatment that makes tap water safe. The test strips that test like 7 things say the water is in the right range for the goldfish.

submitted by /u/MxPenwiper
[link] [comments]

Hi everyone! Sorry for a very gross video, but I wanted to know if anyone can ID these worms? Info in comments.

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:45 PM PDT

Little help with ammonia test please as I'm confused.

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:41 AM PDT

Ich or fin rot?!

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 12:03 PM PDT

Day 3 no food to help my 5” oranda with his SBD problem & these are what his poops currently look like (srry for poop pic). Does the fact that he’s still pooping mean it’s probably a digestive issue? More details in comment

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 12:00 PM PDT

My goldfish is pooping cloudy substance

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:56 PM PDT

It comes out like an animated fart, not like a regular poop. What could this be?

submitted by /u/FGShemi
[link] [comments]

Anyone know what this mark is on my new fish?

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:25 AM PDT

My Oranda pixel in different color fases .

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:40 AM PDT

Broad tail oranda ?

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:12 AM PDT

My goldfish is obsessed with gulping air at the surface

Posted: 27 Mar 2021 03:21 AM PDT

Hi all! I'm looking for some advice about how to get a fish to stop gulping air, I'm worried she's going to get sick or something.

Currently, she has 2 air stones with a pump that runs ~15 hours per day and a filter that constantly disturbs the surface. I've taken the lid off her tank to ensure as much of the surface as possible is exposed to air and I do full water changes once per week and still, she is gulping at the surface. Is there anything else I can do for her?

submitted by /u/AdobeXD
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.