Crayfish I've never had to plastic wrap anything more than I just did, but she unfortunately isn't compatible with the larger filter since she's using it as a mechanism to get out, so I replaced it with a much smaller model, and her internal filter will arrive this week - she escaped twice today


I've never had to plastic wrap anything more than I just did, but she unfortunately isn't compatible with the larger filter since she's using it as a mechanism to get out, so I replaced it with a much smaller model, and her internal filter will arrive this week - she escaped twice today

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:21 PM PDT

Working hard ��

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:23 AM PDT

Found this in a small pond. After some research on native Illinois species it looks most like a Calico crayfish. Can anyone confirm the identity?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 05:45 PM PDT

Are those little dark dots something to worry about??

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 03:16 PM PDT

What colours do crayfish see?

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 12:30 PM PDT

Hi everyone, Whenever I am down at the lake at night I like to look at wild crayfish with a flashlight, but they're often scared off by it. Does anyone know if there's certain colours of light that they can't see?

submitted by /u/WoodenClimate5689
[link] [comments]

Working hard 2�� all day long ��‍♀️

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PDT

Crawfish cowering away in the corner for days

Posted: 29 Mar 2021 09:33 AM PDT

Gordon molted a week ago (3/23) so I was expecting him to be a little shy for a few days. But since then, he's left his cave just once, and it was to cower in the plants in the corner of the tank, tail tucked away, very skittish; very unlike his personality before the molt. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't eaten since before he molted, and I removed the shell about two days ago because it was getting gross. I feed him calcium-enriched pellets (Hikari crab cuisine) and vegetables (unshelled peas) from time to time, but he hasn't touched them so I have been scooping them out. Normally he would be walking around or eating, but now he stays in the corners curled up. If he were a mammal, I'd interpret his body language to be fear, but I'm a relatively new crawfish owner so I might be misunderstanding the signals. About two days after his molt, I found him upside down but responsive in the cave; obviously, at first, I had assumed the worst, so I did a water change then. I have kept the tank covered with a jacket because I figured the dark would make him a little more comfortable, but no such luck.

Water parameters

pH: 76, GH ~ 75 ppm, KH ~ 55, ammonia ~ 0

I am picking up a nitrite/nitrate test kit later this week to check if that could be the issue. Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Sam61400
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.