Axolotl - Aquariums - My boy biff


My boy biff

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:32 AM PDT

Letting Lenny try feeders

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:40 AM PDT

Time to do some upgrades on tubs as the babies have gotten bigger ��

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:08 AM PDT

I love him

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:53 PM PDT

My little Kokopelli ��

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:44 PM PDT

Is my axie ok?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 08:52 AM PDT

So I got my axie when he was a baby, and when I got him my tank wasn't cycled (I had no idea what the nitrogen cycle was back then) so I started to cycle his tank 55g, and every day I switched him out between 2 tubs 100% water changes every day. And today the tank was ready after 3 months. The tank was 100% cycled and has been for a month, I didnt put him in yet because Florida is super warm and I dont want him to be in 75F degrees water. Anyways I finally got my chiller and the waters Temps were the same as the tub when I put him in the 55g. As soon as i put him in he swam to the back behind some stuff, he came out from there and is in the same position he was last night. I know axolotls hate currents and moving water, he went from still water in the tubs to a bit of moving water from my chiller's outtake. Is that why he's being so wierd or is he just acclimating? Did i do anything wrong?

submitted by /u/Spirited_Record_8122
[link] [comments]

Jasper the Axolotl

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:48 PM PDT

Pixel said Good Day to y’all!!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:32 PM PDT

My female dont laiding

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:52 AM PDT

My female axie dont laiding eggs i found spermetfors in water she is pregnat for like 4 days

submitted by /u/tarikkral
[link] [comments]

Tank cycling question

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:49 AM PDT

Hi everyone- hoping for a bit of guidance here. We have been cycling our tank for about 7 weeks. Started with media from a friend's already established filter. We got a super high ammonia reading of somewhere between 2-4 ppm (hard to differentiate the color using the chart- API master kit). We then checked the water every day/every other day. Never once measured any nitrate or nitrites, despite water getting very cloudy and then clearing up. Pet store suggested we get some fish to see how they affect the parameters. We added 6 danios (40 gallon tank). No change in parameters. A couple of weeks later we added 6 more danios. Small spike in ammonia- .25 ppm but still never measured any nitrites or nitrates. Fish are thriving. Our pet store thinks we fully cycled, but somehow missed it. Can this happen? We have already paid for our new baby axolotl, but want to be sure the tank perfect for their arrival! Thanks for any help you can give!

submitted by /u/dacia0
[link] [comments]

Fml

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:18 PM PDT

My axolotl ate a live red shrimp today and now is like not moving,her Tail is curved. I tubbed and fridged her . Water is fine. But what do I do? I'm tripping out.

submitted by /u/I-Hate-Joe80
[link] [comments]

Introducing the Royal Sir Axolot. Take that Shrek!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:24 PM PDT

Worms in my tank?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:34 PM PDT

So I've noticed my tank is getting these very tiny clear worms floating around and I don't know if they are bad or what to do with them. They're very hard to see so a picture doesn't rly help.

submitted by /u/PairofD0cks
[link] [comments]

Two babies. Same (litter?) What size should they be before I put them in the tank together? More explanation in comments.

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:37 PM PDT

Leaving Axolotls Home Alone

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:24 PM PDT

I am thinking of possibly getting an axolotl soon. I have read up extensively on how to care for them before making any preparations. One thing that I just can't seem to find much advice on is leaving your axolotls at home when you are away. During the year, especially in the summer, I usually go on vacation with my family, and we may be away for up to a month. During that time, what should I do to ensure my axolotl is taken care of? I considered entrusting it to someone that I know, but I feel like they may not be willing to do so or may mess something up. For people who own axolotls, what do you do?

submitted by /u/puggo91
[link] [comments]

Would a Rubber lip pleco with a axolotl work

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:41 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.