Aquatic Snails My ramshorn stack!


My ramshorn stack!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:11 PM PDT

Snorgy...

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:52 PM PDT

Mystery Snail has been floating and playing dead for a few days

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:45 PM PDT

So the only inhabitants of my tank are 12 mystery snails and 2 amano shrimp.

One of my biggest mystery snails has been floating for the past few days. I've tried to get whatever air bubble out by turning him around, I put him in a hide so he could get his bearings, but nope. I did a water change and he floated back down and started acting normally, but after another couple of days he's flow big again. No other snails are doing this.

I thought he was probably dead, so I took him out, and out of morbid curiosity gently tugged on the little plate they have on their backs. I thought it would slip out or something, but he pulled back into his shell rather definitively, and since putting him back in the tank (and apologizing profusely) he's wiggling his antennae around and has popped his face out, but is still floating.

What is going on? Also, how do you tell if a snail is really dead beyond decomposition and just a shell?

submitted by /u/Astranautic
[link] [comments]

Happy to see Fred has completely recovered from his cracked shell and is very quickly growing in his new one!

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:08 AM PDT

Caught three bladder snails doing... this... during a water change (feat my halfbeak Fry)

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:52 PM PDT

my apple snail does this to another one. I caught this behaviour 2-3 times more. It looks like they are having sex is this even possible....

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:18 PM PDT

How do you guys get your ramshorns off of veggies?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:59 PM PDT

New to snails & feeding, I thought I'd try out some cucumber, and it was a huge hit! But they couldn't finish the slice as quickly as it needed to be gone. I was just wondering what's the best way to get your ramshorns off of the veggies when you're done feeding? My nerites will zoom away if I take them out of water for a second, so that was easy, but the ramshorns are so stubborn! Do you just do a little shake shake? Pick them off? Brush them off? Or does that hurt them at all?

submitted by /u/Kimachameleon
[link] [comments]

Cool / unique snail for 3 gallon ( would be a single snail and would have a shrimp)

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:54 PM PDT

Blue and white mystery snail hatchlings, free. Please delete if not allowed.

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:44 AM PDT

I've had a clutch of blue and white mystery snail eggs hatch and I can't even give them away it seems. I would be willing to give them out for free to anyone in this sub who can pay for shipping and explain in detail to me how to safely ship them. I'd also like a picture of your set up with proof that you have the space, a filter, and a heater. These are my grand babies so I want them to go to good, happy homes.

Edit: sorry I don't know how to attach photos to this post but the mom is yellow with yellow skin and dad is blue with black body. Both have extremely healthy shells because I take very good care of my tank and critters.

submitted by /u/shesgotherticket
[link] [comments]

Are algae wafers ok for rabbit and mystery snails? How often should I add them in to the tank?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 12:39 PM PDT

I just purchased some algae wafers for my snails. Just looking for some reassurance that they are the right food to give my little ones! Thank you for any info!

submitted by /u/Wutangtoday
[link] [comments]

Deep recession/withdrawal for the second time

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:09 AM PDT

Hi all,

I'm assuming my snail is about to die. She is a year and a half old. This is the second time now she has receded WAY more into her shell than I even thought was possible for them (the first time was over a cm, this time was over an inch!!!), didn't smell dead, then came back out for food.

She doesn't eat as much now that she is so old, so I mainly just feed her snail cookies and calcium rather than anything fresh so it doesn't get the tank gross. She has had to be in a large net breeder box for a couple months now...her operculum/trap door is so flimsy that my cherry shrimp kept eating it so it was the only choice I had.

She does seem happy when active but I'm sure her time has approached. I really love this snail and am really sad about this. I think my nerite is finally almost there too...about 3 years old and only very recently started slowing down. She's been with me since the beginning of my fishkeeping so I'm really going to miss her.

Is there any kind of precaution I should take for the potential ammonia spike? I can't move them to another tank...

submitted by /u/melancholicholic
[link] [comments]

My snello recipe

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:19 AM PDT

Ingredients~ Snail tales snello premix Spirulina Kelp meal Unflavored gelatin Calcium carbonate Crushed eggshells Meat based baby food Fluval bug bites pellets tropical formula Omega one betta buffet pellets Yfs tropical frenzy blackworm flakes Freeze dried bloodworms Freeze dried tubifex worms Freeze dried earthworms Freeze dried mealworms Freeze dried ocean plankton Freeze dried river shrimp Algae wafers hikari brand Veggie rounds omega one brand Zucchini Yellow crookneck squash Butternut squash Spaghetti squash Romaine lettuce Spinach Kale Beet greens Okra Broccoli Sweet peas No salt green beans Carrot Brussel sprouts Beetroot Sweet potato

Now once you've got all your ingredients gathered here's how to actually make the snello

  1. Make the gelatin Take 3 cups of water to boil then have 1 cup of water in a bowl once the water starts boiling add 4 envelopes of gelatin to the bowl wait a minute then add the boiling water to the bowl stir for 5 minutes straight then refrigerate it for 3 hours

  2. Make the crushed eggshells Take 3-5 eggshells and rinse out the raw egg and remove the membrane now put the eggshells into a pot of water and wait for it up boil once it starts boiling let them boil for 5 minutes once done boiling spread them across a pan and bake them at 250 degrees for 20 minutes once done baking break them up into smaller pieces and grind the pieces up into a powder using a mortar and pestle

  3. Make the dry mix Take a container with a lid your willing to use and pour the bag of premix in then mix it all up real good you will store your premix in this now grab a medium sized bowl and pour the crushed eggshells in then add 1 tablespoon of snello premix, 1 tablespoon of kelp meal, 1 tablespoon of spirulina, and 1 tablespoon of calcium carbonate to the bowl now grab your mortar and pestle and add 1 tablespoon of bug bites, 1 tablespoon of betta pellets, 1 tablespoon of blackworm flakes, 3 algae wafers, and 3 veggie rounds and grind them all up into a powder then pour the fish food powder into the bowl and mix it all together really well

  4. Prepare and mix the wet ingredients Take a small bowl or container and fill it with water now add 1 tablespoon of freeze dried bloodworms, 1 tablespoon or 3 cubes of freeze dried tubifex worms, 1 tablespoon of freeze dried earthworms, 1 tablespoon of freeze dried mealworms, 1 tablespoon or 3 cubes of freeze dried ocean plankton, and 1 tablespoon of freeze dried river shrimp and soak them for an hour once done soaking pour them into the bowl water and all and pour the entire container of meat based baby food (i personally use poultry and ham) into the bowl and mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients really well

  5. Prepare and blend your veggies Grab a large bowl and cut and wash all your veggies and blanch your leafy greens to remove oxyalates now take 3 zucchini slices 3 yellow squash slices 3 butternut squash slices 3 spaghetti squash slices 5 romaine lettuce leaves 5 spinach leaves 5 kale leaves 5 beet leaves 5 pieces of okra 3 pieces of broccoli 5 sweet peas 5 no salt green beans 5 carrot slices 3 Brussel sprout slices 3 beetroot slices And 3 sweet potato slices and blend them all together into a purée and pour the puréed veggies into the large bowl

  6. Prepare and mix your protein/calcium ingredients Take your mix in the medium sized bowl and pour it into the blender now once your gelatin has solidified put 3 scoops of gelatin into the blender with the mix and blend it all together now pour the blend into the large bowl with the puréed veggies and mix it all together really well this is your snello mix

  7. Finish up Grab a silicone mold over a tray, a spoon, and your snello mix use the spoon to cleanly and neatly distribute the snello mix across the mold now freeze it for 24 hours you will get more then one batch of snello from the snello mix once frozen solid plop the snellos out and store them in a plastic bag or container in the freezer repeat this process until you've used up all your snello mix once all your snello is done it's now ready to serve hope this was helpful to someone

submitted by /u/Interesting-Factor22
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.