Aquatic Koi My first Japanese Koi (all the others in my pond are Israeli)


My first Japanese Koi (all the others in my pond are Israeli)

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:03 PM PDT

Can someone help me identify this fish or if you know anything about its kind?

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:50 PM PDT

Can anyone please help identify what is on my Koi’s fins? There are a few white dots on the fins and tail that are too big to be ich. He’s had these for a few months now and still has normal behavior and an appetite.

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:16 AM PDT

Biopsy of bloated koi. Eggs??

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:06 PM PDT

New home came with koi - this time with pictures

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:36 AM PDT

Posting again with photos here. Located in Albuquerque, NM.

I'm excited to have some koi, but I don't know the first thing about taking care of them. There appears to be a large fish and a bunch of minnows, so probably two large fish I haven't been able to get a sufficiently good view to positively identify the large one as koi or goldfish, but the coloration makes me lean koi. The water is clear and well-aerated. What is the first thing I should do? Do I need to feed them? There are established plants and an algae bed. Is there a good beginner's book? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/travissim0
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.