Aquatic Snails Deadly ride.


Deadly ride.

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 10:34 PM PDT

Yummy carrot ��

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 12:14 AM PDT

Mystery snails were separated for a few months and recently introduced to the same tank again. This is the second clutch this week. They waste no time.

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:46 AM PDT

Raising baby mystery snails w/o breeder box?

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:32 AM PDT

Hi, I'm expecting a clutch of mystery snail eggs to hatch very soon (they're chewing their way out, I can see their little shells). I was wondering if I needed a breeder box to raise them. There are no other fish in the tank (ten gal), just 2 mysteries. I can't buy a box right now and I don't think I'll be able to DIY one either. However, I did reduce the filter's intake flow by literally tying a piece of cloth around it with rubber bands. Will the babies be alright just hatching into the tank?

submitted by /u/OkRoll3844
[link] [comments]

Unexpected visitor! Can anyone ID what kind of snail this is?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 07:10 PM PDT

first egg clutch! its tiny

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 11:47 PM PDT

Got three large albino African dwraf frogs, they're ok with bigger mystery snails right?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 05:49 PM PDT

Boo finds a tasty snack ��

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 07:27 AM PDT

Don’t know what these white things are ?? Just put some new plants in is it possible bacteria was transferred ? They don’t look they the typical egg sacs

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:09 PM PDT

Found snail foot up. Is he ok? Info in comments

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:07 PM PDT

My military helmet snail doesn't eat. What can I do?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:10 PM PDT

I got a military helmet snail and a zebra snail two weeks ago. The zebra snail ate a whole piece of zucchini together with my pleco in less than 20 hours. But the military helmet doesn't want to touch any of the food I drop day/or night. I have tried algae wafers, pieces of cuttlebone, scraping cuttlebone dust on the water surface, fish pellets, blanched zucchini; I even dropped it in front of him, and he turned around and went away lol. He is also hiding under the gravel all day while the zebra is super active.

I have had troubles with a low pH/KH and I'm getting crushed sea shells this week. Could the pH/KH be the issue? All other parameters are fine. I am a bit worried since I don't have that much algae going on in the tank and kinda want him to feast with the others, y know.

submitted by /u/Katara_1
[link] [comments]

I cant get nerite snails to eat algea wafers

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:20 AM PDT

recently I got 3 nerite snails to help with the algea in my tank, they have cleaned the tank of most if not all of the algea so I started to drop algea wafers in there but they go mostly untouched and im not sure if they are even eating them. I am fairly new to owning snails so maybe im just being paranoid.

submitted by /u/skyzhyper
[link] [comments]

Help

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 10:20 AM PDT

My mystery snails keep laying eggs but the clutches aren't hatching?

submitted by /u/Aubiewawn
[link] [comments]

Can nerites escape?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 10:10 AM PDT

Just put two nerites in my 7 gal, one small racer and a big black one. This morning I thought he got out but he was back near the heater, so I moved him to the front. Came back upstairs about 2 hours later and I can't seem to find him. He might be in the hard scrape somewhere. there's a slight gap in my glass lid so could they escape?

submitted by /u/ded10108
[link] [comments]

Should I add another female mystery snail?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:58 AM PDT

I have 4 mystery snails in my 10 gallon tank--- there are 2 males and 2 females. Only one of the females is sexually mature while the other one has stayed small (less than 1/2 inch) and is the most inactive.

My problem is that my 2 male mystery snails constantly mate with the sexually mature female snail. She lays 2 clutches a week! This has caused her shell to deteriorate at the new edge since she is putting so much calcium into the eggs. I divided the tank to separate her from the males and also allow the other female to mature enough for mating. It has been a couple weeks and the smaller snail does not appear to be growing (at a fast rate at least). The other snails continue to get bigger.

My question is: should I add another female snail to provide another mate for the males? Is 5 snails too many in a 10 gallon tank?

submitted by /u/perfume-v
[link] [comments]

What kind of snail is this?

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:23 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.