Aquatic Koi My friends just bought a house with a koi pond. Unsure what the equipment is. Assume a heater and a filter but they appear to not be functioning. Any tips or beginner reading material would be most appreciated!


My friends just bought a house with a koi pond. Unsure what the equipment is. Assume a heater and a filter but they appear to not be functioning. Any tips or beginner reading material would be most appreciated!

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:49 AM PDT

Mark on benni’s head? (The fish on the right?) Clamped fins, sulking and maybe the beginnings of fin rot on both

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:22 AM PDT

First Spring with a Pond, Need Help

Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:00 PM PDT

Hi All,

My Fiance and I inherited a Koi pond and 6 good sized Koi when we purchased our house last summer. We successfully have been keeping our Koi happy and healthy in our basement during the winter (we live in SE Wisconsin).

What I need advice on is Spring cleaning. I plan on cleaning out leaves/debris/gunk. But, do I have to drain and power wash and refill it? Will the plants regrow like the Cattails and Lillies?

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/jbarber71_md
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.